Safe way of cleaning the RNSE screen

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
My RNSE seems to have some etching on the screen, as though it has been cleaned with something it shouldn't. The marks don't show up too badly when in use, but I certainly don't want it to get any worse. What should I use to clean the screen safely?

Dont know if it helps but at a guess id use a lint free micro fibre cloth or glasses cleaning cloth with a weak alcohol based solution... Firstly I'd probably give a computer screen cleaning tissue a go to be honest.

Some have used a product called Plastic-X if the have any markings in the screen (think it was a meguiars product), but never seen the results myself so can't comment on whether it will strip the screen of coatings.

I use computer screen / prescription glasses cleaning wipes (the moistened ones). Father in law buys them for me from Lidl of all places and I keep them in the back of drivers door pouch - 99p! Proof some cheap tat can work!

There's an anti-reflecting coating on the screen that scratches with more or less anything. I use aircraft computer screen wipes and even these leave tiny marks. The plastic-x takes the coating off (someone did it on a thread in the RNS-E section), while this means the screen is easy to clean without marking it, you've lost the anti glare/reflection protection.

Some have used a product called Plastic-X if the have any markings in the screen (think it was a meguiars product), but never seen the results myself so can't comment on whether it will strip the screen of coatings.

I use computer screen / prescription glasses cleaning wipes (the moistened ones). Father in law buys them for me from Lidl of all places and I keep them in the back of drivers door pouch - 99p! Proof some cheap tat can work!

I have those, so will use them too.

Once I'd bought my rns-e, I cleaned the screen once, then fitted an eBay special anti glare screen protector from US for about a tenner. It's not the best for anti glare, but screen scratch issues no longer an issue.

There's an anti-reflecting coating on the screen that scratches with more or less anything. I use aircraft computer screen wipes and even these leave tiny marks. The plastic-x takes the coating off (someone did it on a thread in the RNS-E section), while this means the screen is easy to clean without marking it, you've lost the anti glare/reflection protection.

Yeah i have used plastic-X and found that i have that problem too.

The glasses wipes are very good but i like the idea of putting a screen protector on it, almost like you do your phone, never actually occurred to me to do that

Screen Protector Audi S3 A6 A4 A3 RS4 S4 TT S8 S6 Q7 | eBay

O
R

Screen Protector Audi S3 A6 A4 A3 RS4 S4 TT S8 S6 Q7 | eBay

Last edited: