DONE ! Retrofit Seat Exeo LED RNS E Media System into A4 B7

I'll have a look tomorrow.....

ahh just noticed, the face plate on the above RNS is different to that of my 8P plate...... so not interchangeble

Right....so i'm guessing its a removal of the face plate and replace.... guessing you'd source the B7 plate from a broken unit?

scrap that!! mine accpets the first bit of the post code and the numbers that follow only..... street address required, sorry if i got you lot all giddy

Untitled.png

comon guys, I made you happy for a couple of days...look for the positives :)

I had Nigel, NHN, fit mine and source all the bits. Great job, very pleased.. as above it's a 2010 "Mk2" (if you like) with the media button and 32gb card support. I've got 64gb of music in there now. Amazing.

Tell me about the speed cameras.. does it alert you when you're approaching them?

No, rnse does not support audible alerts. They just appear on the map. It's ok, but if your after speed camera data you need a live update system really

Doug,

Were did you place the SAT NAV aerial?
Did you drill a hole on the roof or did you place it on the front windscreen?

Thanks,

Luis Lopes

i have sent you a PM also
but i threaded mine behind the glove box before replacing the unit, i have the AMI in the glove box, so popped that out to aid locating, my airel was magnetic and strong, so just popped it close to the top/wing as possible, replaced everything and hey presto.
i usually get 5-7 satelites no problem at all

Hi Doug,

Just a question regarding this retrofit.

Does your B7 has a central dahsboard screen colored ou is it all red? With the retrofit of the RNS-E did the screen still stayed red (if apliable)?

I'm asking this because my Exeo has that same screen in red and in the brochure of the Seat Exeo, all units with Sat Nav have the screen colored.

Images attached,

Regards,

Luis Lopes

vg0gmo.jpg
21jrj0w.jpg

hi louis
yes that is correct, the DIS ( driver information system ) is what you are referring to
there are 2 levels of DIS - the red one and a color one, i to have the red one as below
DIS.jpg

shown with navi active in the DIS
the exeo and A4 were available with a color DIS which is what you are seeing, it makes no difference at all, the color one is a bit nicer though and if your bothered , you can retro fit that at a cost..
the nav will work 100% without it

Hi all,

Just found this thread. I have a RNS-E and after using a Tom Tom for years find it slow and user unfriendly with no Full POstcode search, redirecting is slow and does find strange routes! Havinf no Speed camera info is a big ommision but what annoys me most is there is no inclusion of a USB socket and the cost of a phone interface is astronomical!!!!!!

I have been looking to replace the whole unit with an aftermarket unit that adresses all these problems and more. Have been looking at this one.
7" Audi A4 S4 RS4 8E 8F B9 B7 DVD GPS NAVI DVB-T PIP 2-CPU SIRF6 533MHZ 128M RAM | eBay

I intend keeping the car for a while so need to look into this. Any constructive advice would be very welcome.

Re-map on Friday to help the bonding process.:yahoo:

I had no idea that the new units still didn't have full postcode ability. May have to have a re-think :ermm:

No idea of that eBay jobbie, not heard of anyone fitting it, it's cheap also. So prob best for someone to fit and o a write up. Personally speaking I would avoid

I agree with Doug, I wouldn't swap my RNS-e for anything else despite it's lack of full post code searching. I love having all my music on one SDHC card.

Thanks for all the advice. I have deceided I think to take the Bury system out and install a Parrot Bluetooth hands free with USB input. I like others will keep the Tom Tom in the glovebox 'just in case'. On that note, I the RNS against the Tom Tom when doing a trip somewhere yesterday and have to say the RNS is not as straight forward route wise as the Tom Tom so not sure what mapping software they use.

See what happens. Thanks...

I agree with Doug, I wouldn't swap my RNS-e for anything else despite it's lack of full post code searching. I love having all my music on one SDHC card.

I'm the same. I love it. The only thing I'd consider swapping my RNS-E for is a double-DIN unit with integrated DAB, if anyone ever made one.

Jeff - back to Sanspeed on Saturday to have the full s4 brake conversion :)

Jeff
i * could be* wrong, but 3.0 tdi brake are 320mm
the s4 brakes i have are 345mm ??

Jeff
i * could be* wrong, but 3.0 tdi brake are 320mm
the s4 brakes i have are 345mm ??

You're probably right. It's just something I read somewhere; like as not I got it wrong. I'm guessing you're there having them fitted just now.

Yep here now waiting to pickup. Also getting the rs4 grill fitted :)

Hi all!

Finaly have installed the RNS-E in the EXEO, but still have a problem wich I can't solve... The RNS-E doesnt recognize any phone,but the phone is recognized by the car (?!?) Still able to make and received call's by the bluetooth hands free wich mutes the radio, but if I press the "Phone" switch on the RNS-E It says "no phone available" (?!?)

Any ideas, any thoughts ??

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, I've got a dension gateway 100 on order to get iPod working with the symphony - I presume it'll also work with the RNS-E when I get one? ...Or are there better ways to get iPods working?

I've just done this to mine at the weekend and I ain't getting any satnav reception. VCDS throws up a fault of 'Antenna for navigation open circuit'

Having looked at the RossTech Wiki for the RNS-e coding, I'm wondering if its a coding fault.

My current coding is; 0301757

According to the Wiki the '5' in my coding is Analogue input (AUX) only, whereas if I change that to '7' it would make it 'satellite-radio and AUX installed'

Could anyone confirm or dispel that this could be the reason why the unit isn't seeing my GPS antenna?

Coding

• 0?xxxxx: Model
    • 1 = Lamborghini
    • 2 = Audi A3 (8P)
    • 3 = Audi A4 (8E)
    • 4 = Audi A4 Cabriolet (8H)
    • 5 = Audi A6 (4B)
    • 6 = Audi TT (8J)
    • 7 = Audi R8 (42)
  • 0x?xxxx: Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive
    • 0 = Front Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive active (NOT Audi A4 Cabriolet)
    • 1 = Front Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive inactive (ONLY Audi A4 Cabriolet)
  • 0xx?xxx: Sound Characteristic
    • 0 = Sound Characteristic linear
    • 1 = Audi A4 (8E)
    • 2 = Audi A6 (4B)
    • 3 = Audi A4 Cabriolet (8H)
    • 4 = Audi TT (8J)
    • 5 = Audi A3 (8P)
    • 9 = Sound System
  • 0xxx?xx: Telephone/Telematic
    • 1 = Telephone not installed (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone active)
    • 2 = Base Plate (Temic - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
    • 3 = Base Plate (Cullmann - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
    • 4 = Base Plate (Nokia - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
    • 5 = Telematic Europa (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
    • 6 = Telematic US (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
    • 7 = Base Plate diagnostic capable with Comfort Control
  • 0xxxx?x: Equipment I
    • 1 = Tuner not installed
    • 2 = Digital-Radio installed
    • 3 = Satellite-Radio installed
    • 4 = Satellite and Digital-Radio installed
    • 5 = Analog Input (AUX) installed
    • 7 = Satellite-Radio & Analog Input (AUX) installed
  • 0xxxxx?: Equipment II
    • 1 = TV-Tuner/CD-Changer/Multi-Function Steering Wheel not installed
    • 2 = TV-Tuner installed
    • 3 = CD-Changer installed
    • 4 = TV-Tuner and CD-Changer installed
    • 5 = Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
    • 6 = TV-Tuner and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
    • 7 = CD-Changer and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
    • 8 = TV-Tuner and CD-Changer and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed

yours should read 0301717
failing that 0301777 as you suggest - its trial and error sometimes with this stuff
unless you have a digital tuner ?
i presume you dont

also worh checking the actual sat nav ariel - some new ones have been known to be sent out faulty

yours should read 0301717
failing that 0301777 as you suggest - its trial and error sometimes with this stuff
unless you have a digital tuner ?
i presume you dont

also worh checking the actual sat nav ariel - some new ones have been known to be sent out faulty

New antenna en route Doug

cool, leave the codes until new one gets there, then have a play :)

If its an interest to anyone i have a 2010 SEAT EXEO RNS-E LED NAV UNIT same as the one being discussed in this thread. It is basically brand new. Comes with code and europe maps boxed etc. Im after £400 ono. Can post next day TNT through work no probs. Can accept cash on collection, paypal, bank transfer, debit / credit card ! Pm me if your interested or want further info. Many thanks. Ric

New antenna fitted and everything working as required (6 satellites :))

I reckon the old one was fine until you licked it to stick to the underside of the dash :lmfao:

If its an interest to anyone i have a 2010 SEAT EXEO RNS-E LED NAV UNIT same as the one being discussed in this thread. It is basically brand new. Comes with code and europe maps boxed etc. Im after £400 ono. Can post next day TNT through work no probs. Can accept cash on collection, paypal, bank transfer, debit / credit card ! Pm me if your interested or want further info. Many thanks. Ric

Whereabouts are you located, roughly.