Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

Smile dump valve. i need a new one.

as i am in process of remap etc i'm going to upgrade to a forge one i think. i just dont know if to go for a recirc or an atmospheric. do the atmospheric valves cause any loss in power etc?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    the forge is full recirc
    for a blow off you need the forge spacer
    no power loss on mine and i run the spacer aswell

5th Gear

Status
    Go for a recirc mate, a recirc will recirculate the excess boost back into the turbo system where as an atmospheric one will just dump it into the air, you might notice a slight dip in mpg if you fit an atmospheric as your turbo has to create all the boost required from scratch everytime you lift on.

Atmospheric ones sound pretty sweet though, it depends what you want from your car?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

3rd Gear

Status
    I have had both didnt notice any difference in performance or mpg just the noise. Revised OEM is good plus its cheaper and easier to fit than the forge.

5th Gear

Status
    Im speaking purely from a Subaru point of view which is the same in theory but obviously all engines are different.

I probably should of mentioned that before :-)
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    Im speaking purely from a Subaru point of view which is the same in theory but obviously all engines are different.

I probably should of mentioned that before :-)
    the forge does recirc even with the spacer fitted so it dont dump all the boost

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa4quat View Post
    as i am in process of remap etc i'm going to upgrade to a forge one i think. i just dont know if to go for a recirc or an atmospheric. do the atmospheric valves cause any loss in power etc?
    Don't bother with atmospheric as they can cause problems with unmetered air and cause running problems. Your just a well getting the Rev D valve from Audi for just under £50. I am running that on my A3 with no problems....
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack