Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

locking nuts nightmare

Hi Guys,

has anyone else experianced this where there locking nut is ****e? as in i can tighten it up just not loosen off?

anyway im getting close to scrapping them completly an getting either standard nuts or does anyone recommend another type of lockers?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like the thread is stripped... Take all the other bolts off then pull the wheel towards you while un doing the locking wheel bolt... should sort it.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, I ended up grinding the head off 2 of them. I replaced with genuine Audi ones again, as they are really good when tyre monkeys don't over tighten them.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

2nd Gear

Status
    Done away with mine altogether. Had 2 sets in the last year and a bit that have had to be forcibly removed. Granted the problem was with garages using air guns to tighten which in turn damaged them to an extent that they wouldn't come off. If they really want the wheels, they will take the car.

Neutral

Status
    yeah my issue all started from the Tyre monkeys i think - hence never going back to that garage again.. i think next time ill take the locking nuts off before going for a tyre change least then i know they wont strip them again..

i dont think its that there stripped its jumping out of the socket keying on the bolt. going to attempt using an impact wrench on it.. bloody redicuouse if was to have a puncher id be stuffed and im sure road side assist wouldnt have much luck unless they carry impact wrenches with them.

5th Gear

Status
    Ode tree out mate just ditch em, locking bits won't stop from from getting your wheels anyway, might just mean they make a mess of your hubs whilst removing them.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs