Pics of your coilovers fitted

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
As above, does anyone have pics of there coilovers fitted? I need to see how they look compared to mine.

Its the rears im after pics of.

TIA.

You saw my coilovers yesterday, and thats only about 1/2 way down, still got lots to go!

I know mate, i need to see pics of the actual rear springs, not how peoples cars sit with coilovers on.

mine is only half way down on the front but the rear is as low as it will go and its just not enough.

Best I'v got mate

00d711f4.jpg

They weitecs mate? your adjusters sit on the top too? it looks like it from pic but not 100%

how low are you in the rear and is there any left to go down some more?

Thanks mate, which coils are you using? Look like AP/ Weitec but maybe Kw?

my adjusters sit at the bottom

I have some 50mm Weitec lowering springs which are the same as AP o ly there not designed for Coilovers, there just lowering springs, I'm hoping that they will be shorter than my Coilovers springs and will fit.

I asked Damien at DPM yesterday and he said he doesn't see why they wouldn't fit but couldn't say for sure. Anyone care to elaborate before I pay the garage 2 hours labour to try it?

Cheers.

Why you want to change them Chris? Suprised they don't go low enough, mabee you need bags. :)

Anyway here is mine. Had the springs recoated black to look more OEM. They are JOM:
photo2.jpg

I'm not changing them I'm just fetteling them until I can get the rear 1" lower, might mean shorter springs that's all. What are everyone else's ftg?

I'd love bags mate but the kit I'd buy is £2800 then fitting and a few weeks with no car.

I'm not changing them I'm just fetteling them until I can get the rear 1" lower, might mean shorter springs that's all. What are everyone else's ftg?

I'd love bags mate but the kit I'd buy is £2800 then fitting and a few weeks with no car.

They weitecs mate? your adjusters sit on the top too? it looks like it from pic but not 100%

how low are you in the rear and is there any left to go down some more?

Yep Weitecs and the adjusters can only go on the top with these. Confused the hell out of me when doing it after coming from working on Golf MK4s where they are on the bottom.

Quite a bit to go on the rear but thats it with a slight tuck in the arch atm.

Ah this is killing me, i have just checked on DPM and they quote lowering on the rear is 35-65mm with the APs and

35-60mm on the Weitecs so my car should go lower!!

how is yours tucking with space still to go?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

your car is sat about 2" lower than mine looking at that yet i am maxed out and youve got room for more.

I've just emailed Damien again (which im sure hes over the moon about lol) to ask him to come to this thread and have a look.

I have a real long shot question here for you guys....

Does anyone have or could easily get the measurements of an AP coilover rear spring whithout load? just a spring on its own in your hand or laid on the floor and measure it the best you can in inches?

I know this is a strange one but im weighing up all my options, does anyone know of a website i could get such info?

thanks for everyones help so far, I love you guys :wub:

No mate, both sides are sat way too high bit the NSR is a half inch higher which did not move to the other side when I swapped the springs.

The half inch difference isn't the biggest problem, getting it to sit down as it should on the rear is.

I have compared photos this morning and it sat lower on the back with springs and shocks which is strange but everything is fitted correctly.

Ok heres how it stands now:

the front:
Issues1.jpg

Very happy with how its sat and there is room to go down WAY more, the other side is exactly the same.

OSR
OSR.jpg

I want this .5" lower but the real problem is the NSR:

NSR.jpg

You can see how its sat higher than the other side but there both set as low as they will go so im just not sure what the problem is? I also still dont understand why thats as low as it will go? it was sat lower on my springs/shocks????????

Heres a main pic so you can see how its not sat right by being so high at the back:
Issues2.jpg

chris??, just a quick one, you say they should lower between 35mm and 65mm, but is this not quoteing standard (se) ride height??. if so with s lines sitting 20mm lower to start with you might only see a 45mm max drop. or are they s line specific?. just wouldnt have thought that the manufacturer would make a different kit for se and s lines.............but i stand to be corrected lol

Your right in what your saying mate and I know there quoting from SE specs, the problem is I had 50mm Weitec springs on before AMD it sat lower but it should sit 15mm lower on coils but it doesn't, there's also still the issue of it having a .5" difference from left to right on the rear yet should be the same.

I'm just baffled by it not to be honest. I'm gonna have a play with them next week I think.

when i was in the R32 owners club a lad near me had KW coils fitted to his mk4 R, and he had the same problem they were round right down at the back which didnt lower much lower than standard but could run his front bumper on the floor!!!. i wonder weather some kits lower more than others even though they state they lower the same if you know what i mean.

Yeah like some springs are maybe a bit stiffer? Well I have 3 days off next week so I'm getting tooled up an I'm gonna go out AMD try to swap the springs for some 50mm lowering springs which I'm hoping are shorter, I'm also gonna look at removing the adjusters completely and maybe fitting a rubber seat back in then see how it sits.

it's a bit annoying when you pay all that money to go lower then another £160 for fitting only to drive away higher than before and uneven.