Bit Of Work To Fit My Mini Plates

D2NY G

Reaction score
Had a few things done to the audi over the weekend,

Bought some legal mini plates the other week to fit to the audi, turns out who ever had the car before deicded to drill there own holes straight into the boot and plate recess, complete bell end lol!

Anyway these are the plates
IMG_0499.jpg

After taking off the rear i notcied the holes so had to have the rear welded up and smoothed over so the holes were gone
IMG_0538.jpg

After a bit of paint in my mates new spray booth the rear end was looking good
IMG_0540.jpg

Now onto the front i was looking at all these filler plates you can buy then decided to just do it my self, so i removed the plate recess got the fibreglass out and the smoothed it all off ready to have it painted black (in prep for the rs4 grill which will be coming at some point)
IMG_0539.jpg

With all the work done and now ready to fit the small plates here are the pictures, really makes a lot of the difference a nice euro feal to the car now

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Looking good fella! Best bet would be to narrow the rear plate recess so it's the right size for the plate... You may need a donor boot lid to make this work but it would look fantastic if you could pull it!

Did you do the paint work your self or did you take it into a shop?

Love the bentleys btw - just wants the B5 spring plates now to drop the front a touch ;)

In my opinion the plates would have looked better with less gap top and bottom, to match the sides :(
Legal limit is 11mm space all round....

Also think you should have kept a recess in the front mount.....

Do like the fact you're trying something new though :)

id lose the front plate
or recess it back in
and also the plate on the rear looks to small to much gap at sides

It looks good mate. good effort on the front recess, will look sweet on the RS4 grill.

all work was done at my mates new bodyshop.

was going to recess the front but i take the plates off wen it goes to shows ect so wanted the smoothness, agreed on the rear i wouldnt mind i think its a USA spec boot as there smaller gaps but till i can source one/ can be ***** to look im keeping this one.

i like the look of it at the mo which is all that counts.

Whats the deal with b5 cups?? does it drop the front slightly then cause that would be prefect for me is there much work to fit them ect?