no trip computer button????

alfie155

Reaction score
i do have a trip computer because it tells me what im getting out of a tank but thats all it will tell me, i dont have a button on the end of my wiper stalk??

i do have a multy funcion steering wheel! could the trip controls be in a diffrent area??

its a 2006 s-line tdi

Sounds like you need a wiper stalk installed with MF functionality, I offer this service, where abouts are you located?

wrexham north wales!

i thought there was missing something, how bizarre, has a trip computer but no button to control it????
ive seen a few a4s but never come across one no more than 10 years without a trip computer. unless its had a new wiper stalk at some point??

how much is that likely to cost with it installed?

On the B7, EVERYTHING was an option, lots of cars don't have it. It's not a trip computer you have, just a range readout. Like NHN says,
you need a new stalk and some coding.

Mine didn't have it. It had the usual MTE (Miles to empty) display, which is what you'll have now. When I retrofitted cruise I also bought the wiper stalk that has the DIS controls on and enabled DIS with VCDS.

Mine was the same. Couldn't believe that a car like that didn't have one!

VAG is one of the few profitable car companies in the world. Looking at the standard specs and options lists, it's easy to see why.

Hi guys,
anybody got the part number of the DIS stalk?
Anybody from Glasgow area done this?
cheers
Mark

Is the Avant stalk the same? And is the work reasonably easy with the right tools?

No, it's different as we have a rear wiper. I'll try and find you the numbers later, or if you search my previous posts, someone listed them for me. It's not too bad a job. I think bez101 did a write up somewhere but I couldn't find it when I did mine yesterday. There's a decent guide on Tyresmoke, type into google.
Also Chris79 did a good write up for the washer bottle sensor mod.

Stalk for saloon without DIS - 4E0953503
Stalk for saloon with DIS - 4E0953503F

Stalk for Avant without DIS - 4E0953503A
Stalk for Avant with DIS - 4E0953503C

The '4PK' refered to at the end of the part number in my previous post, just means the colour (soul black). I believe its all the same in all cars 04 - 08 so no need to quote that when ordering

Last edited:
Sounds like you need a wiper stalk installed with MF functionality, I offer this service, where abouts are you located?

Hi i'm writing on behalf of my dad, he has a A4 sline without the funtion on the wiper stalk, it just shows MTE, we are in the north east uk, can you help? the car reg is NC05 EUH

thanks in advance.
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark I have passed this thread onto someone in your area who can get this sorted for you quicker than myself, he should be along at some point, very reliable professional guy :)

If you get stuck Mark, let me know as I could sort it for you if none of the others can get to you for a while. I am in Northumberland

Sorry Gary, I forgot you were up that way, feel free mate if jboo hasnt been in contact as yet :)

Last edited:
Sorry Gary, I forgopt you were up that way, feel free mate if jboo hasnt been in contact as yet :)

No probs at all mate, its only fair though that we give jboo first refusal on doing the deed for him. I don't want to step on anyones toes and go pinching income off people:sm4:

I'm there if needs be though

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is there anybody near Bracknell, Berkshire that could help me get the trip computer function on my B7 2.0T? I have the MTE display but need the stalk with buttons.

Cheers and happy new year to all!

On dash display there are 3 buttons on rh side, it's the one on the far right i think.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is there anybody near Bracknell, Berkshire that could help me get the trip computer function on my B7 2.0T? I have the MTE display but need the stalk with buttons.

Cheers and happy new year to all!

Have sent PM mate.

Anyone know of someone who could fit and supply the stalk down in the south?

I'm looking for someone in North East to help me get this fitted along with Cruise Control.

Only bit of my Fabia Estate I am missing is the Cruise Control, otherwise LOVING my A4 Avant S-Line.

Sorry Gary, I forgot you were up that way, feel free mate if jboo hasnt been in contact as yet :)

@NHN, Apologies for a reply on a very old thread. I became the owner of my first A4 today and noticed that there wasn't the trip button on the wiper stalk. Just wondering if you still retro fit them, and also how much it would cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jonny Wright, welcome to the forum. I've added a shoutout to @NHN (Nigel) to make sure he sees your message. He's a busy fella and it may take a while before he gets back to you, but I can confirm he's worth the wait. His work is first class and he's a top fella.

Reactions: Jonny Wright
@Jonny Wright, welcome to the forum. I've added a shoutout to @NHN (Nigel) to make sure he sees your message. He's a busy fella and it may take a while before he gets back to you, but I can confirm he's worth the wait. His work is first class and he's a top fella.

Ah, thanks very much. I'll get used to the site soon hopefully :)

Have you got a picture of the new stalk please

Yes please I'm intreged if I have the trip stalk or not

Yes please I'm intreged if I have the trip stalk or not

Ok, yep sure. Here's some pics also with a pic from the handbook of a stalk with the trip functionality.

That's handy I have the trip stalk already

Sorry to drag up an old post again. But I’m after this doing to my 2005 A4 avant is there anyone in the east midlands that does this? Thanks in advance

Ping me a WhatsApp bud, I can do this.