Fitting 19" RS4 alloys - PLEASE HELP

Taz1

Reaction score
Hi guys, no doubt some-one must have asked b4 but im new to the audi scene (coming from Japworld) but will genuine 19" RS4 alloys fit my a4 b7? My car already has the rs style wheels but in a 18" size. The set im looking to buy has 255/35/19 tyres, Wouldnt this be to wide? I was thinking more like 235/35/19 as ther only 8.5j. Also Would i need spacers? thanks guys.

Genuine RS4 wheels are 19x9 et29 and won't fit a non RS4 b7 A4

If they are 19x8.5 they are probably RS4 style OEM A6 wheels which are et48. These will fit fine but would look better with a 15mm spacer on the rear 10 or 15mm on the front. 235 or 245s would be a safer bet

They will fit mate, so will OEM RS4 alloys, S3-N what makes you say they wont fit?

They will fit mate, so will OEM RS4 alloys, S3-N what makes you say they wont fit?

The offset is quite high so they would only fit with a streached tyre. To be honest I think they would still be illegal as the wheel would project from the arch.

They should be completely fine at 9j at et 29, I ran 9j at et30 and it was fine.

If your lowering it then even better, im sat at 8.5 now and et30 and i could easily fit a 9.5j in rear at that offset but i am quite low.

Guess it depends on your definition of fit
If you have to stretch tyres, lower it to stop the stretch making look like an offroader and then do some arch work to eliminate rubbing then i don't really count that as fitting - but yeah they can be made to fit if you are willing to make compromises. There is a reason you can count the number of B6/B7 A4/S4s out there wearing proper RS4s on one hand though ;)

ok cheers guys, all this is new to me. well from reading this they not genuine rs4 wheels then but rs4 style oem. I was thinkin of using 5m spacers on front & 10 on rear for staggered look as well as the extra bit of clearance as my originals were et43 & 19s are et48. il post up some pics once i get rnd to fitting them. Thanks for the info.

Guess it depends on your definition of fit
If you have to stretch tyres, lower it to stop the stretch making look like an offroader and then do some arch work to eliminate rubbing then i don't really count that as fitting - but yeah they can be made to fit if you are willing to make compromises. There is a reason you can count the number of B6/B7 A4/S4s out there wearing proper RS4s on one hand though ;)

At 235/35s they will barely be a stretch and fit fine, they wont poke out the arches or hit calipers or anything, the reason no one wears oem RS4's is because there very expensive hard to find and reps are cheap as chips.

Your right mate it does depend on what you class as fitment, but there would be no loss of funtion at the above but it will look cool so why settle for less?

You can pick them up for £600-800 now so they're not that much and I've seen them on other cars, loads of B5 RS4s have them on but I actually don't think I've ever seen a set on a B6/B7 A4/S4, can't find any pics of any either - would lke to see some. If they did fit properly i'd have a set tomorrow but to be honest i wouldn't run stretched tyres on the S4

Last edited:
Thats much cheaper than I thought, i think they would fit without stretched tyres but not perfect, might poke out of arches a little on stock suspension and look abit silly.

why wouldn't you stretch on S4?

Im not trying to get into an argument at all, I cant be doing with squabbling in forums I just want to know why youd be against stretch?

you going to to AITP? think i saw your name down.

I have seen some of the Yanks over on Audizine running them looks great but its a very aggressive offset and would need modds Triple O.G mentioned to fit and look right!

Dude have you seen what some of this guys are running lol, some are on 11j r 10.5j f with very low offers. Lots of work needed but they look awesome!

I know some of the AZ'ers get the inner hub of the genuine RS4's machined down slightly to get a higher offset.

Its all worth it if you can get your wheels sat flush in arches and fillin em.

Im still after new wheels and ill be after some low offsets to acheive this.

did yours come Karl?

Nope, they are arriving today at around lunch time so should be on by this afternoon.

I'm getting like you.... I want them NOW!!!

I hate waiting, if iv paid I should have my gear instantly, if thats not a reason to invent teleportation devices i dont know what is.

I was speaking to Rotiform yesterday and think iv decided on a colour at least.

youll have to wait though.