VARIOUS TRIM RATTLES................ANNOYING OR WHAT!!!!

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
I have varous rattles on my car, one from dash behind steering wheel. other door trims etc. anyone any problems with their's? Any solutions?

Sounds like some trim has been off at some point and not put back properly. Every Audi (all 13 of them) I've owned have never had a "trim" rattle

Sold my one year old Saab 93 for this reason & bought my used Audi.
On a 56 plate and not so much of rattle or vibration.
Are you sure your car hasnt been involved in a accident in the past, might explain it?

No accident that i or a colleague can see evidence of. nothing recorded. Will have had to have trims off at some point for the warranty repairs, speakers, door locks etc.
They disappear with radio at a reasonable level - ill have to have a look in to them

I have an 05 plate b7 and the centre console rattles (I think it's more the handbrake) and I think the silver trim on the drivers door rattles every now and then. The car has only done 67k and as far as I can tell it's not been in any accidents and the trim has never been taken off.

I must be lucky cos my car doesnt have a single rattle or squeek at all.

Mine neither, except that every now and then, one of the springs in the driver's seat makes a cracking noise, but I think I know the reason for that.

The rattles in my car seem to be temperature related, it's not been rattling so much (if at all) in the current weather

My avants luggage cover makes a right noise tend to leave it open as it drives me insane ! But other than that rattle free really I think nothing bad enough to annoy me any way ?