Daytime running lights

R33P

Reaction score
My S4 Avant (06) has daytime lights (only just realised after 2 weeks) but I would like to fit the LED style ones on the newer Audi's.

I know there are various kits on the market, can you get inside the headlight to fix the LED's and use the same wiring loam?

Cheers
R33P.

You would need to bake your lights in the oven to melt the glue so you can remove the glass as they are a sealed unit , I know of a few members on here and other forums who have done this.

You can get ones already converted which look good , there are lots of threads on here about this including where to buy the better quality ones from .

You can go to Audizine forum and find a guy called Fly3000k who takes your headlight and makes them but there roughly £300 and you'd probably be best buying 2 spare headlights off ebay and sending them, if not he might be able to sort something out for you but this is no cheap or easy mod. unless preppared to spend a fair bit i'd probably just forget about it.

or you could have them fitted to your fog surrounds like mine?

Much cheaper.

Fog surrounds sound a good idea, how does that work mate?

Where you based? I know a guy that can do them for you way cheaper than the headlights job, basically you drill little holes into the fog surrounds and insert LEDs then seal them.

check out my build thread for a picture.

Hi mate, sorry please can you explain "check out my build thread for a picture", I only joined the forum today.

Ok mate, go to the build threads section which is a bit below our B7 section and mine should be near the top and titled A4 s-line low and slow

Looks sound, give me a good idea now, cheers for your help.

Alternatively, you can replace the lamps with LED versions and get pretty good results - make sure you get can bus friendly ones though!

Does the S4 have the same foglight surrounds as the standards S Line?

Nice one mate, let us know.

Yeah dub they are the same!

If you have drls, you have xenons. I wouldn't be messing with them if it were me. Dammed expensive to replace if you feckup splitting the lens from the housing.