S4 remap?

R33P

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a new member and I have a few questions about my recent S4 purchase so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I would like to improve MPG and I have been told a remap can help, any ideas or direction where to go (I live in North Notts/South Yorks).

Cheers
R33P.

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but if you are worrying about MPG's, you have the wrong car.

Hello all,

I am a new member and I have a few questions about my recent S4 purchase so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I would like to improve MPG and I have been told a remap can help, any ideas or direction where to go (I live in North Notts/South Yorks).

Cheers
R33P.

You bought a 4.2 V8 and you want to improve the MGP !?!
If I were you I would stop worrying about mpg it aint ever going to be anything like good and fit a massive exhaust and just enjoy that V8 noise !
Alternatively trade it in and buy 2.0tdi lol

Even if you don't want to spend cash on an exhaust, I'd say in stock form this was more then enough reason to not worry about the mpg:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ok i think he's been sufficently TOLD lol, a remap is a good idea mate, it will make the car slightly more powerful but it'll feel much nocer to drive and a healthy dollop of extra torque, realistically you could lean out the fuel delivery and gain an extra 1-2 mpg but its unlikely.

Spending £500 on a remap just to save money on petrol seems a bit pointless

As said you can't own this car and worry about mpg - you'll have a breakdown :scared2:

Worth every penny though as it sounds seriously amazing, especially with a non resonated milltek :)

On that note S3-N, where did you get your milltek? Have had a quick search on them, but got a little confused on which one would be best, as the options and prices varied somewhat, ie res, non res, cat back, full system etc! Am I right in saying the resonated version is quieter than non resonated, if so is that the only difference?

Get a non res cat back for yours Abb, I don't think a full system is worth the money on a non turbo and resonated systems are too quite.

Noise is the only difference between res and non res.

Hope this helps.

Cheers all, point taken. I have booked a remap with Black Code for next week.

On that note S3-N, where did you get your milltek? Have had a quick search on them, but got a little confused on which one would be best, as the options and prices varied somewhat, ie res, non res, cat back, full system etc! Am I right in saying the resonated version is quieter than non resonated, if so is that the only difference?

Yeah the non res is louder as it doesn't have the centre section silencers the the resonated has. Non res is noticeably louder but it does give a bit of drone around 1700-2000rpm. I've heard that on the auto the drone is more noticeable as the auto holds it in that rev range whereas with the manual you can drive around it. Not sure if the tiptronic would have the same issue but you could always go non res and if it annoys you buy the resonated centre sections. Mine actually had a res catback on when i bought it but i wanted more noise so called milltek and got the non res part numbers then got Aps in brackley to order it for me. The full system gives you the catback plus the downpipes and sports cats and reduces the drone but with non res is pretty loud (and costs over £2k new). If i went full system i'd probbaly go resonated as its a really nice sound without being too much. It does free things up and give you more bhp but to make the most of it you then need a remap but that might take you to 360bhp if you're lucky

Last edited:
S£-N and Triple O.G. massive thank you for your advice. All things considered, think I will be going down the non res cat back route when I am ready!

No worries pal, make a little video the second you get her fitted !!!!