For those thinking of DRL's or Fog Grill Mods - here's some I tried earlier!

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
If anyone on here is thinking of adding or changing their DRLs, or indeed modifying their fog light grills - I've tried a few variations over the years and so thought I'd share some of them with you.

Here some of mine, roughly in order - and yes it is all the same car:

DRL.jpg

DRL1.jpg

DRL2.jpg

DRL3.jpg

DRL4.jpg

DRL5.jpg

DRL6.jpg

DRL7.jpg

DRL8.jpg

DRL9.jpg

DRL10.jpg

DRL11.jpg
DRL12.jpg
DRL13.jpg
DRL14.jpg
DRL15.jpg
DRL16.jpg
DRL17.jpg
DRL18.jpg
DRL19.jpg
DRL20.jpg
DRL21.jpg
DRL22.jpg
DRL23.jpg
DRL24.jpg

I've let the photos do the talking, and there's no need to tell me most of them look a load of sh*te :rulez: I'm quite aware of that :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaztynan and TOM.S
I've just realised.......I've been just as busy at the rear!!!

rear-4.jpg

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear2a.jpg

rear3.jpg

rear4.jpg

rear5.jpg

rear6.jpg

rear7.jpg

:search:

Reactions: TOM.S
Jesus, thats alot of changes!

Don't like any of them tbh apart from the ones you have now, look the most OEM. Love the RS6 grille though.

And the latest LED tailights look good, but I think you need to smoke them so the edges blend in a bit.

Looks good mate, i like B8 style rear LED's and i STILL need to sort my # plate bulbs!

10/10 for effort mate, respect that for sure.

Don't like any of them tbh apart from the ones you have now, look the most OEM.

I guess I must agree, they're the only ones that have stood the test of time.

Come to think of it, one set only lasted long enough for a photo!

what is the smooth number plate recess on the front from pal? or does anyone else know?

is that the rs4 one?

Looks good with the two lines top and bottom

im having mine painted same colour as the car that would look better than the standard one all im thinking :)

thats not bad, cheers for info pal

Cars looking good rich. Looks miles better with the new grill and foglights surround. Liking the rear lights as well :thumbsup:

Beautiful car Rich, top marks fella.

Do you have a link for those led's, look really good in the fog grill.

Mac

car looks awesome.like the pic with the s6 look drls.what bulbs do u have in your fogs?i have crystal vision h7ns and sides and think they would go well with them.was also wondering how u get your drls on at the same time as your fogs and dipped beam?sorry about all the questions lol but am interested

Reactions: Gates
Richard have you got a link for the rear led lights? Or the manufacturer even?

car looks awesome.like the pic with the s6 look drls.what bulbs do u have in your fogs?i have crystal vision h7ns and sides and think they would go well with them.was also wondering how u get your drls on at the same time as your fogs and dipped beam?sorry about all the questions lol but am interested

The fogs are H11 HIDs

The DRLs are wired separator, as in they're not on the oem DRL circuit

Cheers for the comments :friends:

The rear lamps are by Dectane, I got them from a US seller on eBay.

anyone know the cheapest place to get a rs4 black optics grill from?

im a massive fan of the led rear lights, very modern and well suited to audis i think...just not a fan of the price :)

what bulbs did you use for your oem drls? (second pic down)

ive been looking for a blue xenon led but can only find white. also did you have to put your own resistors in or were they integrated in the led?

They were just a pair of white ba15s LEDs off eBay, but that was about 4 years ago so can't recall exactly which.

I had to wire in separate load resistors to stop the day warning :weight_lift2:

they look really blue in that picture, which is what im after.

guess i'll have to mooch about on ebay for a pair, is ba15 the code relevant to the a4?

What about the LATEST shot of the front leds? S6 leds? Any links for purchase?

BTW great efforts, impressed a lot by the hell out of changes! :))

im a massive fan of the led rear lights, very modern and well suited to audis i think...just not a fan of the price :)

You've gotta watch ebay like a hawk and you could get lucky.
I got a brand new set for less than £110 (including VAT, Shipping, Customs)
Just be patient

You've gotta watch ebay like a hawk and you could get lucky.
I got a brand new set for less than £110 (including VAT, Shipping, Customs)
Just be patient

wow, that is a bargain!

to be fair im on ebay 5/6 times a day looking for bits and pieces, obviously i need to broaden my searches :)

wow, that is a bargain!

to be fair im on ebay 5/6 times a day looking for bits and pieces, obviously i need to broaden my searches :)

Well, did take about 6 months of looking before I found them. Thought there would be loads more interest, but I was the only bidder.

Car looks superb! How far forward did you place the splitter, I'm about to do mine.
Love the rear lights, where are they from?
Cheers

Car looks superb, love the new grill and rear lights, definitely food for thought!
What grill is it and where can I find one?
Cheers