Spacers

07audi

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking into buying some spacers for my a4 s-line. It is currently on the standard suspension and 18" alloys.

I was wondering what width spacers would I use to get the alloys in-line with the arches? Also Ive been trying to search for some pictures with different width spacers on a4's but have had no luck, I would appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Cheers!

Go 15mm front and 20mm rears if you have a little stretch on your tyres.

If not run 15mm rears and 10mm but if you lower it in the future the rears might rub with standard tyres.

its a bit of an art that takes time :happy:

I have 10 front and 12 rear on mine wheels sit flush. Wheels are 18" DTM`s and car is lowered on H&R sports

Spacers are a pain, you'll order some, and then wish you went wider!

Luckily for me, I borrowed some 8 & 10mm spacers from a mate at the weekend, so tried different combinations of 10, 18, and 20mm per wheel (didn't drive it with 2 spacers on, just back and forth and bounced up and down to check it didn't rub). And I settled on 20mm all round! Ordered yesterday, be here tomorrow, on Saturday!

It depends how flush a look you want, and if your going to modify your car any further in the future. If your planning on lowering it, you can stick the wheels right out flush, you'll have to go a few mm back. But if your not going to lower it, you can stick them right out flush.

Oh BTW, I'm running aftermarket wheels and coilovers, so don't go get 20mm spacers for yours, your wheels will be sticking out a long way!

Last edited:
Cheers everyone, Thinking to buy one set of 10mm spacers for the fronts, but I will test fit them on the back to see how much extra, if any I want for the back. I may steer away from 15mm and go for 10/12mm for the rears so that I have the option of lowering the car slightly in the future. I would get any arch clearance problems with these spacers would I?

@Marrow: do you have any pics of your car with the spacers before you lowered it by any chance (assuming you did it in that order)?

Marrow are those DTM wheels?

I bought my longer bolts this morning so my 15mm's will be going back on the rear tomorrow, also my coilovers arrived this morning so there getting fitted tomorrow, should all come together in time for AITP!!

Triple.O.G... Will 15mm spacers not cause issues with rubbing once lowered? Post up some pics when its done, are your tyres stretched?

Tyres are stretched abit, im running 215/35/19"s on 8.5j, they might rub abit of i go super low but im not planning to so they should be fine.

Cool, I might be looking for something similar but 19"s, may go for a motorsport look yet but im undecided.