S4 Buying Advice

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello gents. Might be buying a B7 S4. I currently own a B5 and a B6. What are the main things to watch out for when viewing? What are the problematic areas specific to these cars? Is there a buying guide about? Lastly, what are they like guys?! Good cars or do they become boring after time due to the restrictions with tuning na engines....

Manu Thanks everyone

Ollie

What questions have you asked that you couldn't find the answers to yourself by searching the forum and driving the car?

Cheers for the help bud! I've helped out literally 100's of times on this forum. Reference your pic......Think that might be a good idea old chap.

Cheers for the help bud! I've helped out literally 100's of times on this forum. Reference your pic......Think that might be a good idea old chap.

Every one on here is happy to help, but you are asking about the S4 and the vast majority of this forum members are A4 owners. Only a very small proportion are S4 owners, and therefore able to answer your questions. So instead of getting the hump and having a sarky pop at us barely 24 hours after your first post, you need to be a little bit patient for an S4 owner to come along and read it.

:beerchug:

Dude you waited 1 day for a reply and had a hissy fit! Why not look into the car properly and make your own decision?

It might be worth starting the thread afresh, but with a reference to the S4 in your title, so people know what car you're enquiring about before they open it..

Hello gents. Might be buying a B7 S4. I currently own a B5 and a B6. What are the main things to watch out for when viewing? What are the problematic areas specific to these cars? Is there a buying guide about? Lastly, what are they like guys?! Good cars or do they become boring after time due to the restrictions with tuning na engines....

Manu Thanks everyone

Ollie

Get yourself over to audizine there is a buyers guide on there.

High oil consumption from scorn cylinder walls so get it compression checked, also Leaking valve cover gaskets are the main ones.

You'll get similar mpg to your 2.8q. I haven't got bored of mine and there is lots of stuff you can buy to tune it, just got to bring it in from the states or take it to MRC. So far on mine I have a stage 4 clutch and LWFW, Lightweight crank pully, Intake Manifold spacers. I've got some catless downpipes to go on and a 2.5" exhaust on its way. Bought most of the stuff from JHM in the USA. Even got their tune with launch assist.

I know mine isn't a B7 but its the same car apart from the bumpers, centre console and a different centre diff (which I believe came in around 2007 so that would be the one to get)