JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    staylowmovefast

Status

S4 Buying Advice

Hello gents. Might be buying a B7 S4. I currently own a B5 and a B6. What are the main things to watch out for when viewing? What are the problematic areas specific to these cars? Is there a buying guide about? Lastly, what are they like guys?! Good cars or do they become boring after time due to the restrictions with tuning na engines....

Manu Thanks everyone

Ollie
    IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE SO KEEP ON SMILING

2. # ADS
    ADS

staylowmovefast

Status
    Many thanks b7 forum members!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    What questions have you asked that you couldn't find the answers to yourself by searching the forum and driving the car?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

staylowmovefast

Status
    Cheers for the help bud! I've helped out literally 100's of times on this forum. Reference your pic......Think that might be a good idea old chap.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixv6quattro View Post
    Cheers for the help bud! I've helped out literally 100's of times on this forum. Reference your pic......Think that might be a good idea old chap.
    Every one on here is happy to help, but you are asking about the S4 and the vast majority of this forum members are A4 owners. Only a very small proportion are S4 owners, and therefore able to answer your questions. So instead of getting the hump and having a sarky pop at us barely 24 hours after your first post, you need to be a little bit patient for an S4 owner to come along and read it.

A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    Dude you waited 1 day for a reply and had a hissy fit! Why not look into the car properly and make your own decision?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It might be worth starting the thread afresh, but with a reference to the S4 in your title, so people know what car you're enquiring about before they open it..

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixv6quattro View Post
    Hello gents. Might be buying a B7 S4. I currently own a B5 and a B6. What are the main things to watch out for when viewing? What are the problematic areas specific to these cars? Is there a buying guide about? Lastly, what are they like guys?! Good cars or do they become boring after time due to the restrictions with tuning na engines....

Manu Thanks everyone

Ollie
    Get yourself over to audizine there is a buyers guide on there.

High oil consumption from scorn cylinder walls so get it compression checked, also Leaking valve cover gaskets are the main ones.

You'll get similar mpg to your 2.8q. I haven't got bored of mine and there is lots of stuff you can buy to tune it, just got to bring it in from the states or take it to MRC. So far on mine I have a stage 4 clutch and LWFW, Lightweight crank pully, Intake Manifold spacers. I've got some catless downpipes to go on and a 2.5" exhaust on its way. Bought most of the stuff from JHM in the USA. Even got their tune with launch assist.

I know mine isn't a B7 but its the same car apart from the bumpers, centre console and a different centre diff (which I believe came in around 2007 so that would be the one to get)
    Sam,

Gone