Anyone fit Coilovers in Leeds or nearby.

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
I've just ordered my Coilovers from DPM so should be here for next week and I need em fitting in time for AITP on 7th August.

Are any of you dudes close to me and can fit coilovers? i can help but dont know what im doing.

theres loads of Tea, biscuits or beer in it for you?

Cheers.

You really could do with a proper ramp for the job mate.

They are tricky as you have to drop the rear sub frame to get the old springs out.

Might just go to garage then, just trying to save some cash, i dont mind paying but £200 for fitting sets me back at over £400 and i was trying to do this on cheap.

Iv put £200 about mate but actually i think my local garage charges £40 an hour and want an hour per corner so its only £160, didn't know if we had any cheap but good spanner monkeys on here? Dr Mole offered to help me out with them but he's a 4 hour drive away.

I was quoted £120 to fit and set up, but ended up getting my mate to do it for mates rates. Pity your down south.

That's a good price for setting up to, was that a local garage?

Down south? I'm in leeds, west Yorkshire not Leeds in Kent You near Liverpool?

Also YHPM

I think he's referring to Leeds as down south due to the fact that strathclyde is in Scotland.... First time I've ever heard Leeds called down south though lol

I assumed that but I checked on mapping on iPhone and it said strathclyde is near Liverpool?

This phone is mad sometimes.

Leeds down south ha ha!! Thanks though mate!.

No way that's ridiculous! Glad I don't live in London, it would be worth the drive out to pay less!

Just found out my coils are out of stock until November. NOT HAPPY!

Gonna see what else they have!

Ok change of plan. No one has JOM in stock apparently so DPM have kindly done me a good deal on some AP's which are the ones I really wanted but knew the price would upset the wife!

I'm praying they'll be here in time for AITP but they could arrive just after which will suck!

I'm heading down south tomorrow for the weekend, off to Newcastle...LOL

I hail from Sunderland originally, but have lived much of my life in or around London and the South-East, so have always regarded myself as an ex-pat northerner. The exception to this was when I was a student at the University of Edinburgh. It came as a hell of a shock the first time I heard someone call my home city as the deep south.

I fitted my coilovers about a month ago, took about 7 hours in total. I don't have a ramp, just a jack and some axle stands.

What made me laugh after I installed them all, lowered the jack down, stood back and went "oh, thats not very low". Went to pull the jack out and the car was resting on it! Jacked it back up, put some wood underneath the wheels, and voila! 23.5 FTG! But thats a bit too low! Going up to 24/24.5 on Saturday.

Oh BTW, Ultramodz, how soft did you set these coilovers? The rides really floaty!

7 hours! Thats a long time but it'd probably take me 7 weeks!

I'm wanting 24"FTG, just hope I can clear speed bumps at that!

I've just fitted a set of coilovers this weekend to my B6 avant Quattro, went well on the rears but the fronts were a pain!
Ended up shearing a pinch bolt for the top ball joints and then having to use heat to get the damm thing out!!
so ended up melting one of the top arms ball joints!
Anyways, once it was out and a new arm and pinch bolt fitted it was all good and before you say it, yes, i did give it some bangin with a hammer to free it before even going near it with a spanner!!!, been messing with VAG cars for years and this pinch bolt is a pain!!
definately needed a ramp for the rears and only needed to go up and down on the ramps once for the setting up.
rears, just set the spring platform to it's lowest setting and leave it in there!

The coilovers i use are AP's and there is no increase in harshness over standard but it handles a load better!!

as for help, well, if you aint got a 2 poster then you'll struggle but if you have thenj it's fairly straightforward if your fairly car savvy!

Graeme

Hi mate, thanks for the info but I had them put on last Wednesday at a garage for £160, have you measured your arch to ground? My rears are as low as they will go but I'm gonna remove the adjuster perches as I want it lower but at the moment mine is sst uneven on back?

Passenger side rear is 25" ftg
Drivers side rear is 24.5" ftg but both are set to same position?