Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Fitted a Forge Atmospheric BOV Spacer...

And it's very quiet. Can't hear it in the car at all. No typical BOV noise anyway. Can hear it stood still with the door open though just slightly.

Not complaining so much really, but just wondered if anything might be wrong or cause it to be so quiet. The car has been remapped, might this mean it's recirculating more air so less to blow off? Could it be down to having an older revision of diverter valve? I see some video's on youtube and it's loud, other very subtle like mine. Just wondering...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    See, no noise hardly as all (if any)...

5th Gear

Status
    Is it a recirculating BOV or atmospheric? you wont hear as a recirc as it takes the excess boost and recirculates it which is whats fitted to petrol turbo engines as standard. if its atmospheric you should be able to hear more than that.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

1st Gear

Status
    It says it in the title dude.

2nd Gear

Status
    That can't be right. With a mere induction kit and a forge recirc my old LCR made far more noise than that.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    I know it does but i dont know what the spacer part means?

edit: oh yeah so it does ha ha ha didn't read it properly!
    Last edited by Triple.O.G; 20th July 2011 at 20:15. Reason: im a clown!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

1st Gear

Status
    It is this one....

I'm gonna have to take another look tomorrow. What a *****. It took forever to get on.

1st Gear

Status
    i have one on mine dumps all the time very loud

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    should be prety loud is your dv ok

1st Gear

Status
    Right well, I took the thing off this morning. Seemed to be on fine. I had a good look at the stock DV. I took it to bit's, reassembled, and it's in good shape.

I think the stock is an older revision, 'C' I'm guessing. Is there any advantage to putting the new one on other than reliability?

Anyway, for whatever reason, it all works now. The noise is still subtle so you can barely hear it on the move unless the windows are down. Can be heard at stationary though, and outside the car obviously. Wish I knew what was wrong before, but I don't.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    Right well, I took the thing off this morning. Seemed to be on fine. I had a good look at the stock DV. I took it to bit's, reassembled, and it's in good shape.

I think the stock is an older revision, 'C' I'm guessing. Is there any advantage to putting the new one on other than reliability?

Anyway, for whatever reason, it all works now. The noise is still subtle so you can barely hear it on the move unless the windows are down. Can be heard at stationary though, and outside the car obviously. Wish I knew what was wrong before, but I don't.

Yep thats the old one if you are planning on a remap change it mine blew itself to bits and I lost all power!
    Mine is remapped which is possibly why mine is louder as there is more turbo pressure to vent !?!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    Yep thats the old one if you are planning on a remap change it mine blew itself to bits and I lost all power!
    Mine is remapped which is possibly why mine is louder as there is more turbo pressure to vent !?!
    Mine's remapped too buddy. Obviously some will cave in quicker than others. It's on my to do list.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    remap wont make it louder
    some are loud some aint just the way it is
    now if you want it louder get a intake you wont get any bhp increse but you will get the PSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT your after

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    remap wont make it louder
    some are loud some aint just the way it is
    now if you want it louder get a intake you wont get any bhp increse but you will get the PSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT your after
    I possibly going to get a BSR intake, I'll see. Either that or just a replacement panel from K&N or something. There's isn't a right lot of choice, do you have any more ideas? I'm wanting to limit it to £200 so a Carbonio is a bit much really.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    but the carbonio does make it sound well

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    I possibly going to get a BSR intake, I'll see. Either that or just a replacement panel from K&N or something. There's isn't a right lot of choice, do you have any more ideas? I'm wanting to limit it to £200 so a Carbonio is a bit much really.
    I have BSR sounds awesome mate go for it!
    Last edited by Marrow; 22nd July 2011 at 08:37.

1st Gear

Status
    I took the car out a couple of times last night and it's gone all silent again. It'll be interesting to see if it ever makes a return. It's strange.