New A4 :) Modification Help, Coilover scraping, Respray colour choice, Alloy wheels

irisha4

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Well i sold my b6 a4 that has served me well for a year.
Just upgraded to a B7 2.0 TDI. I have huge plans for it that are already in motion.
Coilovers were installed last week and it is absolutly sittin on the ground. This is where my first question lies, On some speed bumps it scrapes in the centre kind of towards the front just behind the front wheels. I was wondering is this the exhaust centre box or what is it and is it doing any damage apart from scraping the box?
I have the car booked in the get resprayed and an ABT kit for next monday. Getting white with black Roof.
My next question is to do with getting the turbo flutter noise. (I KNOW ITS NOT A GOOD THING BUT I LIKE IT SO NO SMART COMMENTS PLEASE) Can i use a panel filter or will i need an induction kit? And is it hard to remove the centre silencer box? I had a Golf TDI before that when i put in a tuning box the turbo flutter noise was louder.
Anyone have any opinions on wheels? I like the DARE nk1 style alloys or the vmr's. Obviously in 19 or 20".
Sorry for the huge rant, Just have so many questions :)
cheers guys.

I think it might be your cross member that you can hear scraping which will eventually snap completely, id up the sus just a touch.

remap and panel filter will probably help with the noise your after but is it really worth it at the risk of breaking your turbo? (i know you said no smart comments but i just dont understand purposely smashing a turbo?) if so I had remap done with Angel Tuning which was very good and very easy.

20"s look way too big on a B7 and you cant get low enough, go with 19"s or 18"s if you wanna stay properly slammed, VMR's are massively played out and dare wheels are gash but thats just my opinion.

Get some pics up though cos I wanna see how low your sat, put pics up of the Dare wheels you have in mind too, there might be some nice ones now? ive not looked for ages but they used to all be Halfords specials!

Oh yeah I wanna see this ABT kit aswell, are you getting a full respray? must have some right cash to spare?

Thanks for the quality reply. Well if i do get an induction kit and exhaust etc i will probably have some turbo flutter anyways? what do other people get when they get a remap? Do they fix the back pressure somehow?
the dare NK1 Alloys are actually similar to the VMR's this is the style
Buy 19 Inch Dare NK1 5x120 Wider Rear Alloy Wheels | 19 inch Alloys | Dare Alloys
What does the cross member do? When i put 19's on it might rise it enough??
i havent any decent photos that show how low it is but will take some tomorrow.
Yup getting a full respray ibis white and gloss black roof.
Here is the kit im putting on, also using same grill as in this photo
Latest Customer Cars who have purchased our wheels
How hard is the HID install on the b7 model?

There quite nice actually, I'm after something abit different at the moment but it's so hard to do as everything has been done.

Kit looks good too and the respray should be cool.

HID's were easy to fit but abit of a fiddle, about an hour and a half to do once you have right tools and a plan..

I didn't get any nose from remap and I have twin exit exhaust with back box delete also but no filter.

Yeah it will raise slightly when you put 19"s on.

here's some photos, there REALLY bad quality but ill get some proper ones up tomrrow.
IMG00026-20110712-1408.jpg
IMG00030-20110714-0254.jpg
Bought my sister this last week, and its what ill be driving while mine is getting resprayed. Then ill drive it back to Ireland to her when mine is ready. I know what you mean about being different. I hate having what everyone else has done. thats why im thinkin that those dare alloys might be different. Just finding it hard to find them in 19's in the 5x112 fitment. can only find 18's and 20's.
What do you reckon about headlights. I hate the amber covers. but projector headlights are ridiculously expensive. Even second hands.

Go with different wheels if you can't find them in 19"s I forgot to mention 5x120 won't fit. If you can afford them Bentley Mulliners are by far the most baller wheels you can get. I would kill for a set but there about 2K with Tyres.

Your sis car is nice, I'd love a B8!

Reactions: moggie93
Hey Guys,

Well its been a while and i have been busy...

Not sure if I'm supposed to resurrect an old thread like this or start a new one but here goes.

Going to throw up a few photos as i have finally finished my little project and the car is ready to sell.

It has a new engine and basically everything in the car has been changed.

Looking for around 9k for the car. Let me know what you think.

mainwithbackground-1.jpg
Hey Guys,
otherside-1.jpg
BlackRoof-1.jpg
B7Side-1.jpg
B7Rear-1.jpg
B7RearSide-1.jpg
B7RearSide2-1.jpg
B7mainphoto.jpg
B7Front.jpg
b7Enginebay.png

Nice looking car! Don't think the painted fog grille's do it justice as it looks like an SE.

Did the RS4-style spoiler fit okay?

Oh your dead right.. I should have thought of that..
1illl get them sprayed black asap.. Yea the spoiler was hard enough the bodyshop guy said.
They spent half a day on it or something..

argeed on the front bumper, needs some black in the fog grills to split it up.

otherwise it looks smart lad, nice work!

Booked in tomorrow to get them sprayed. Should i do gloss black like the grill or matt black?

Just need an RS4 grill now lad.

Looking good otherwise but yeah i agree with the others where the fog surrounds are concerned.

I like the L/H fog surround, as the opening breaks it up just enough. Why not get a R/H one with an opening (mine has one). I think they'd look mint in white then.

You have a seat in my universe and I allow you to have your own opinions, but here you are incorrect :)

I totally respect your point of view and accept your opinion (no matter how wrong it is) :shutup2: