Chris NottJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By unikarl

Thread: Homemade DRL's

5th Gear

Status

Homemade DRL's

As some of you dudes may know I have thought about adding RS6 style DRL's to my fog light surrounds but at £350 i decided I didn't want them that bad.

My good friend / electrician / exhaust & wheel connection said he'd make me a set which I was slightly spectackle about as I've had issues with home made mods before.

sent my surrounds off anyway as I trust him and I woke up to this picture this morning.....

look pretty sweet to me? opinions please!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    You were spectackle! I'd get contacts instead lol
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

6th Gear

Status
    They look good, a fitted pic would be great fella.

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post
    You were spectackle! I'd get contacts instead lol
    Should have gone to Specsavers, matey, lol.

Seriously, those look SWEET, SWEET, SWEEEEET!!! Don't look the least bit homemade at all. They will look awesome on your car, Dude.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

loves quattro

Status
    I've made several sets like that......

Nice work

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers guys, and yes thanks everyone for pinging out that I can't spell although I am gonna blame it in my iPhone's dictionary!

I'll post pics of them on car when I get them fitted on Monday!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

loves quattro

Status
    Just remembered I made some videos, here's one of the versions I had.... ‪FINAL LED's‬‏ - YouTube

Nothing like they are today mind ‪Front and Rear LED's‬‏ - YouTube

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice.

Youve done them a bit different to how I've done them. I'm using 12 5mm LED's drilled through seperately on each unit. I was contemplating fitting a relay for them to go off with the indicators too but figured as they sit so low then its not really needed.

Lovely car you've got there.

Actually I've just realised.... I drove past you near lincoln a few weeks ago....On the A46
    Richardesty likes this.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post

Actually I've just realised.... I drove past you near lincoln a few weeks ago....On the A46
    Past as in passed, or as in met me?

Do you get this was often then?

2nd Gear

Status
    Passed as in you were driving one way and I was coming the other.

I was just on a day trip to Lincoln.... Kept bugging R lass that I wanted to see the steep hill and she finally agreed!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    Ok couple of questions richardesty, what no. plate bulbs are you sporting, what bulbs you have in fogs? did you make the rear leds and how did you make that grill? do you just need some RS4 mesh and an S-line surround or do you need more of the S-line grill?

it all looks a very decent package mate!

loves quattro

Status
    The no plate led's are just some cheap festoon style LED bulbs off ebay, which I then had to add resistors to for the canbus system......

You can read about the rear led's here as I don't have this style any more. I'm now running 'B8' versions with LED indicators.

The front fogs have a 6000k canbus compatible HID kit in them with anti-glare bulbs.

The grill is a modified OEM RS6. Modified to fit to my car. It uses a standard A4 Sline surround but that's about it. More about that here

More stuff about the above and current DRL set up at this thread

I really must take some new photos - all the ones I've linked to are pretty much out of date.....

Hope this helps?

5th Gear

Status
    Nice one mate, thanks.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    rich if i get a se surround and the rs6 can you kinda fit it togeather for me
    make it worth your time

quattronly

Status
    I'm sure they'll look good (as DRLs go) - they don't look very DIY. Not a fan myself and although I have Xenon's on my new car I definitely won't be using the DRLs on their own. A bit like Porsche 911s - they might work well, but I don't like the look. Yours are at least well done, unlike some of the dodgy "Halfords" wannabees out there.

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    rich if i get a se surround and the rs6 can you kinda fit it togeather for me
    make it worth your time
    Why an SE surround? The SE surrounds are quite a bit shorter than the s-lines.

Will gladly do it, when I no longer have the quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Ill bear that in mind also Rich

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    Why an SE surround? The SE surrounds are quite a bit shorter than the s-lines.

Will gladly do it, when I no longer have the quattro
    im goin dtm front so sadley have to use the SE grill

Neutral

Status
    if you dont mind me asking how much does a set of these set you back? and whrere can we get the bits from?
    Audi A4 Sline... "W13LET" 18 rs4 genuines.. brushed aluuminum sline surrounds, symphony II with ipod connectivity, nokia bluetooth connectivy, genuine ebay special iphone vent holder!, privacy glass all round, xeononed front end,

Purchased to fit.. rs4 grill, foggy grills, carbon wrap interior

future mods, s4 mirrors, dual exit exhaust, remap, refurb wheels in 2010 rs4 anthracite colour,

5th Gear

Status
    Where you from mate? Pm me and I can get them made up for you, I'll send you a price or cut out the middle man (me) and pm Unikarl.