Homemade DRL's

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
As some of you dudes may know I have thought about adding RS6 style DRL's to my fog light surrounds but at £350 i decided I didn't want them that bad.

My good friend / electrician / exhaust & wheel connection said he'd make me a set which I was slightly spectackle about as I've had issues with home made mods before.

sent my surrounds off anyway as I trust him and I woke up to this picture this morning.....

DRL.jpg

look pretty sweet to me? opinions please!

You were spectackle! I'd get contacts instead lol

They look good, a fitted pic would be great fella.

Mac

You were spectackle! I'd get contacts instead lol

Should have gone to Specsavers, matey, lol.

Seriously, those look SWEET, SWEET, SWEEEEET!!! Don't look the least bit homemade at all. They will look awesome on your car, Dude. :o.k:

Cheers guys, and yes thanks everyone for pinging out that I can't spell although I am gonna blame it in my iPhone's dictionary!

I'll post pics of them on car when I get them fitted on Monday!

Nice.

Youve done them a bit different to how I've done them. I'm using 12 5mm LED's drilled through seperately on each unit. I was contemplating fitting a relay for them to go off with the indicators too but figured as they sit so low then its not really needed.

Lovely car you've got there.

Actually I've just realised.... I drove past you near lincoln a few weeks ago....On the A46

Reactions: Richardesty
Passed as in you were driving one way and I was coming the other.

I was just on a day trip to Lincoln.... Kept bugging R lass that I wanted to see the steep hill and she finally agreed!

Ok couple of questions richardesty, what no. plate bulbs are you sporting, what bulbs you have in fogs? did you make the rear leds and how did you make that grill? do you just need some RS4 mesh and an S-line surround or do you need more of the S-line grill?

it all looks a very decent package mate!

The no plate led's are just some cheap festoon style LED bulbs off ebay, which I then had to add resistors to for the canbus system......

You can read about the rear led's here as I don't have this style any more. I'm now running 'B8' versions with LED indicators.

The front fogs have a 6000k canbus compatible HID kit in them with anti-glare bulbs.

The grill is a modified OEM RS6. Modified to fit to my car. It uses a standard A4 Sline surround but that's about it. More about that here

More stuff about the above and current DRL set up at this thread

I really must take some new photos - all the ones I've linked to are pretty much out of date.....

Hope this helps?

rich if i get a se surround and the rs6 can you kinda fit it togeather for me
make it worth your time

I'm sure they'll look good (as DRLs go) - they don't look very DIY. Not a fan myself and although I have Xenon's on my new car I definitely won't be using the DRLs on their own. A bit like Porsche 911s - they might work well, but I don't like the look. Yours are at least well done, unlike some of the dodgy "Halfords" wannabees out there.

rich if i get a se surround and the rs6 can you kinda fit it togeather for me
make it worth your time

Why an SE surround? The SE surrounds are quite a bit shorter than the s-lines.

Will gladly do it, when I no longer have the quattro :haha:

Why an SE surround? The SE surrounds are quite a bit shorter than the s-lines.

Will gladly do it, when I no longer have the quattro :haha:

im goin dtm front so sadley have to use the SE grill

if you dont mind me asking how much does a set of these set you back? and whrere can we get the bits from?

Where you from mate? Pm me and I can get them made up for you, I'll send you a price or cut out the middle man (me) and pm Unikarl.