Dump Valves? TDI Anyone?

D2NY G

Reaction score
Spent my dinner hour on ebay, again, looking at bits and bobs and came accross dump valves for the TDI, i know dump valves are not really nessesary on the diesel engine as ive been told, but they are pretty cool.

Has anyone got one fitted to there TDI, some pics and all that shiz would be helpfull

haha, thinkin about it jus dunno anyone whos done it

It will make the engine run like a bag of spanners and some engine may even trigger a emission light due to the "lost" metered air. It does make a nice sound though, i would spend the money on a remap or tunning box,you get much more for your dosh !

well if its gunna mess it up am not bothered, havin a custom exhaust soon so if i de cat it will i get that waste gate style noise when i change gear? if people know what im on about

Diesels do not create a negative vacuum therefor no need for a dump valve.

You could get an electronic valve with a micro switch on the clutch. But yes it will result in the ecu throw a hissy fit and may kick your car into limp mode.

The "wastgate type noise" your talking about has less than nothing to do with the wastegate despite what every chav on the planet will tell you ha ha, its actually caused by air travelling back down the inlet and into the turbo when you let off causing the turbo to stall, this is very bad for turbos and will cause them to break very quickly. I'll be honest all this is from my subaru days and im not 100% if diesels work in the same way but that is a very cool noise that you never want!

ahh yeh, didnt realise it would do harm to the engine, not worth messing about with then really, nice one chaps!