R send

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to do to the rear end of the car, and looking for suggestions. I have toyed with wrapping the lower valance in carbon. What have others done? Help me out guys :salute:

What rear bumper have you got?

Your sig says 1.9 S-Line which doesn't exist, so I assume you've got a 1.9 with a GMBH rear bumper?

Eh???? Its got S-line written all over it and the usual S-Line bits and pieces???? I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the fact as I'm an Audi newcomer, but I'm confused now. Its had one owner from new before me and it was an old geezer, so it must have come from the factory like that. I would post a pic of the rear bumper but I'm at work and the works software blocks photobucket etc

Lol there's no confusion here :thumbsup:

This is an issue that raises it's head quite often! The run out model B6's before the B7 came out were badged as S-Line's, and are ALL 1.8T 190's in fwd or quattro format. They come with S-Line badging on the doors, brushed metal kick plates, perforated leather steering wheel and gear knob and probably a few more bits and pieces. They will also have S-Line on the V5.

From late 2003 on all the Sport models came fitted with an S-Line 'style' kit, ie same front and rear bumpers and door blades produced by Quattro GMBH and known as the GMBH kit. These are NOT S-Lines (sorry....) but can of course be made to look like one with a few badges off ebay.... That link is wrong unfortunately. What you have is a 1.9 Sport with GMBH kit.

I hope that makes sense and isn't too disappointing.

Ahh. Very informative, thank you for that. I'm not disappointed because to the untrained eye (that'll be me then :rolleyes:), it is for all intense and purposes, an S-Line. :eyebrows:

So...now I know what bumper I have on :), what can I do to it?

I'll move this to the B7 section then and they'll be able to give you some better ideas.

PS if it's a B7 it will be an S-Line after all that!

Oh damn, sorry I'd inadvertently clicked on the B6 forum. My bad :redface:. I was having a whinge to the mods over on our forum just the other day, at how members couldn't put threads in the right sub-forum, and I was sick of moving them lol. Hope none of them are on this forum too :)

S-Line? aaaand we're back :laugh:

Have wrapped my diffuser in carbon, am very very pleased with it! A friend of mine had done his too, on his B7 Tdi Sline cab!

ABB I need pics of your front splitter, my diffuser is done in carbon also but im considering doing my boot trim, front spliter and grill surround to match, also has anyone done mirror covers? I cant imagine it looking all that good but hoping to be proved wrong!

Triple O.G, I will be back home tomorrow, as I work away a fortnight at a time. I will take some pics as soon as I can and get them up on here! Have only had the beast a few months but have done quite a bit to it, so need to get my pics up! Have done the mirror housing in carbon, not the mirror covers. Am very pleased with the result.

In that case I def need pics of the whole shebang! Anyway that's enough of me thread jacking, sorry dude!

Boot trim and boot lid rings carbon wrapped in anthracite, debadged and black S badge on.

BlackBadgepics009.jpg

carbon5.jpg