Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits

Thread: A4 Cab 3.0

Neutral

Status

Thumbs up A4 Cab 3.0

been on here for a while now, don't seem to see too many people posting with an A4 cab 3.0? am I one of the few who was daft enough to buy one of these?
    seems to be fairly slow for a 3 litre too, anyone got any tips/tricks to speed up without hammering the mpg? anyone with any comments or opinions about the car?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    When I was looking for mine, I couldn't see much available for the 3 litre model. So I just got the more tuneable 1.8t sport instead.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Neutral

Status
    yep, seems to come across that alot, , not sure if I am just used to going faster but I would expect more from a 3.0 though,

5th Gear

Status
    is it a B6? i thought all B7's were 3.2s?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Neutral

Status
    not sure to be honest, it says on the VRD's that its 2006?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Is it a 3.0 litre TDi?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    no, petrol!

Neutral

Status
    I also have a cab 3.0 but also own an A4 1.8 turbo, I agree they are 2 different cars in performance, the 1.8 is very much tuneable because of it's turbo but that's the major downfall of the 3.0 ....there is no turbo If there was a turbo available for the 3.0 that would be one wild car I believe there is no turbo upgrade but if there was I would def have one

Neutral

Status
    And by the way the cab 3.0 is the best bullet proof engine for the cabs 1.8 is tuneable but not bullet proof

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the info, I was just looking at cam belt change as its on 60 000 now, have you had yours done? how much was it? you had any other tips/tricks/problems with the 3.0?

6th Gear

Status
    I love my 3.0 TDi TDV, out performs most petrol cars by a mile.

Although this is obviously a TDi

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque