Life expectancy for exhaust system

mikeyw

Reaction score
What do you think is the life expectancy for an exhaust system. Specifically on a 2.0T. I know it varies on road conditions, salt etc, but just as a ballpark figure. Does 70-80k sound about right?

120-150K middle/back, flexi will be a little less 100K ish

Mines on 113k with no issues, OEM. I was having a convo with someone about this a couple of days ago, I'm impressed how long it's lasted. (it'll probably fall off tonight now I've said that!!!)

With my own vehicles I have had the following experience;

Audi 80 after 12 years and 168k the car was sold with the original exhaust still going strong.
Audi A4 B5 model and 11 years and 133k the car was sold with the original exhaust still going strong.
Audi A4 B7 model and after 5 years and 65k the exhaust is still in one piece ( only worry is the oil pump/balance shaft issue ).

wife had a b5 avant 1.9tdi, we sold it with 147k on, still on the original exhaust

What do you think is the life expectancy for an exhaust system. Specifically on a 2.0T. I know it varies on road conditions, salt etc, but just as a ballpark figure. Does 70-80k sound about right?

Are you asking because you need an exhaust?

Are you asking because you need an exhaust?
I was asking because there are these Milltek system's being advertised at a more cut down price than usual so it would be a good time to buy one. My original system has 65k on it so was wondering if I was able to justify the Milltek better if for example the life expectancy was 70k or something.

I was asking because there are these Milltek system's being advertised at a more cut down price than usual so it would be a good time to buy one. My original system has 65k on it so was wondering if I was able to justify the Milltek better if for example the life expectancy was 70k or something.

Nice try mate, trying to convince the wife eh? ha ha i have to do that!

just get the milltek

Where have you seen the milltek offer?

I'm on 48k and needing a new system (2.0t) ;)

Chris

Where have you seen the milltek offer?

I'm on 48k and needing a new system (2.0t) ;)

Chris

Here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...657-**offer**-milltek-group-buy-prices-;.html

Hi-Flow Sports Cat is £575.19 Ex VAT so that would be an offer price of £552.18 Inc VAT Delivered/Fitted
Turbo-back excluding Hi-Flow Sports Cat - 100mm Tailpipes is £725.64 Ex VAT so that would be an offer price of £696.61 Inc VAT Delivered/Fitted
Turbo-back excluding Hi-Flow Sports Cat - 90mm Tailpipes is £725.64 Ex VAT so that would be an offer price of £696.61 Inc VAT Delivered/Fitted

It's a good offer if you live close enough to get them fitted for free.

A lot depends on the quality of the system. I've had a complete Supersprint system on my car for more than 80,000 km and it it's still perfect...in the case of these Italian exhausts the long-time life span is guaranteed. Have a look at their website performance exhaust systems, performance racing exhaust systems, performance auto exhaust systems

A lot depends on the quality of the system. I've had a complete Supersprint system on my car for more than 80,000 km and it it's still perfect...in the case of these Italian exhausts the long-time life span is guaranteed. Have a look at their website performance exhaust systems, performance racing exhaust systems, performance auto exhaust systems
I've been looking at Supersprint. I had one of theirs before on another car I had, and I liked it. I can't work out which bit's I need though. In terms of back boxes, intermediate and down pipes etc.

Edit: actually I think I've worked it out now. It's expensive though.

Last edited:
I've been looking at Supersprint. I had one of theirs before on another car I had, and I liked it. I can't work out which bit's I need though. In terms of back boxes, intermediate and down pipes etc.

Edit: actually I think I've worked it out now. It's expensive though.

Expensive I know, but take a look at a Supersprint and you will see where the extra cash goes...the price depends also on where you get it, sometimes they have special discounts on their online shop.