Volks AutosBadger5
    Abb
    2nd Gear

Status

Cabriolet hood storage compartment fault!

As title suggests, am having problems with my storage compartment. When the hood is up and I move the lever inside the boot to increase space, the compartment moves up slightly and drops back down, sometimes it doesnt even do that! So I operated the hood and interrupted its folding manouvere to see if I could fix it, seemed like the cables were getting jammed. Freed the cables and the storage compartment worked fine......once! It seems to be a very flimsy set up altogether, just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on a more permanent fix? Before anyone suggests selling the car, thats not an option!
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    there is a repair kit you can get from audi
    also google it theres a few how to's out there

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I had the same problem, I just left it the way it is as it doesn't make that much of a difference to the amount of boot space. I may get it fixed eventually if I can be bothered.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.