Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Sorry, remap again..

Ok I am now bored with the car, (2.0tfsi) I have been looking at remaps and most say 40 hp gain which doesnt seem much.

I am in Southampton so does anybody have any suggestions of somebody down my way? and does 40 extra sound about right??

Cheers, Phil

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Give jkm a ring mate there are in portsmouth

5th Gear

Status
    40 is not a lot but its not all about the power hike its about the personality of the car after, its driveability, it will be much smoother and much more torque, I had a scooby taken from 225 - 263bhp but the car was a different animal.

The APR map is apparently quite harsh though.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Avantageous

Status
    40bhp by just plugging a computer in, I say thats pretty darn good! If you want more that, you going to have to spend alot more and change turbos (£2000+).

If you haven't had a remap done, don't knock it, the remap on the 2.0t is brilliant! It really livens the car up, and makes it so much more driveable. Go to a REVO or APR dealer and get one of there 5 hour free trial to see what you get, then you won't be dissapointed.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFurlong View Post
    40bhp by just plugging a computer in, I say thats pretty darn good!
    Agreed, I'm considering who's map to get for my DTM and I'll only see +20bhp but I still consider it value for money. I spent far more tuning my Evo
    VCDS & TPS Account holder.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weekenny View Post
    Agreed, I'm considering who's map to get for my DTM and I'll only see +20bhp but I still consider it value for money. I spent far more tuning my Evo
    Best to hold out and go for a Stage 2+ with uprated High Pressure fuel Pump internals. Depending on who and how its mapped you should see around 280+ BHP
    Storm Developments mapped my car and I appreciate they are not close to you but I highly recommend them.

PS i'm also an ex EVO 8 owner and really enjoyed the ownership
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

1st Gear

Status
    Ok so its worth doing! I am certainly interested in the 5 hr trial, I will hunt out a REVO or APR tuner close to me. As a matter of interest, I had a 530d done a few years ago and wow, what a difference but the number change was much more than 40hp.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMill63 View Post
    Ok so its worth doing! I am certainly interested in the 5 hr trial, I will hunt out a REVO or APR tuner close to me. As a matter of interest, I had a 530d done a few years ago and wow, what a difference but the number change was much more than 40hp.
    Turbo diesels, in general do get bigger power hikes from remaps. Remember the gain is always going to more on a bigger engine as you start off with more power originally. You cant really compare a 3.0 diesel with a 2.0 petrol.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMill63 View Post
    Once you trial has expired remember to get your original hex file reloaded on your ecu. This will save you lots of trouble if you decide NOT to purchase the REVO/APR map.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale