Sorry, remap again..

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Ok I am now bored with the car, (2.0tfsi) I have been looking at remaps and most say 40 hp gain which doesnt seem much.

I am in Southampton so does anybody have any suggestions of somebody down my way? and does 40 extra sound about right??

Cheers, Phil

40 is not a lot but its not all about the power hike its about the personality of the car after, its driveability, it will be much smoother and much more torque, I had a scooby taken from 225 - 263bhp but the car was a different animal.

The APR map is apparently quite harsh though.

40bhp by just plugging a computer in, I say thats pretty darn good! If you want more that, you going to have to spend alot more and change turbos (£2000+).

If you haven't had a remap done, don't knock it, the remap on the 2.0t is brilliant! It really livens the car up, and makes it so much more driveable. Go to a REVO or APR dealer and get one of there 5 hour free trial to see what you get, then you won't be dissapointed.

Agreed, I'm considering who's map to get for my DTM and I'll only see +20bhp but I still consider it value for money. I spent far more tuning my Evo :faint:
Best to hold out and go for a Stage 2+ with uprated High Pressure fuel Pump internals. Depending on who and how its mapped you should see around 280+ BHP
Storm Developments mapped my car and I appreciate they are not close to you but I highly recommend them.

PS i'm also an ex EVO 8 owner and really enjoyed the ownership

Ok so its worth doing! I am certainly interested in the 5 hr trial, I will hunt out a REVO or APR tuner close to me. As a matter of interest, I had a 530d done a few years ago and wow, what a difference but the number change was much more than 40hp.

Ok so its worth doing! I am certainly interested in the 5 hr trial, I will hunt out a REVO or APR tuner close to me. As a matter of interest, I had a 530d done a few years ago and wow, what a difference but the number change was much more than 40hp.

Turbo diesels, in general do get bigger power hikes from remaps. Remember the gain is always going to more on a bigger engine as you start off with more power originally. You cant really compare a 3.0 diesel with a 2.0 petrol.

Once you trial has expired remember to get your original hex file reloaded on your ecu. This will save you lots of trouble if you decide NOT to purchase the REVO/APR map.