B7 A4 2.0TDI Service

harmless

Reaction score
Hi Guys, service is due and im thinking of doing it myself as its the 40k service its been serviced all round by audi before and if its just the usual filters and oil, id prefer to save the money thank shell out for an audi monkey at the stealers..

my question is what oil are you all using ? Castrol SLX Longlife 3? is there anything else required at a 40k other than usual filters etc.
it had brake oil change last service so should be ok on that.

Make sure the engine oil is VW 507.00 if your engine type needs it (DPF), don't know if the Castrol Edge comes in 506.xx so mentioning it just in case.

Thanks Everyone - jfarhead.. i have a 2.0tdi with DPF, so thankyou for your advice i im sure that audi gave me the 5w40 castrol long life stuff before as the topup oil, but never used it, ive never had to topup oil between services and i dont drive her steady in a long shot..

ill see if i can find any of that oil you mentioned.

thanks again

Castrol edge is the correct spec and readily available in Halfrauds or online. They have it cheap in Costco if you have a card.

Check which one it is though as certain ones (I think it's 5w-40) should only be used on fixed service intervals. As you're servicing it yourself, I'm sure you'll be on fixed interval anyway. All the info is in the owners manual.

Would have thought it would be a 5W,30 same as my 3.0 DPF but not sure

Anyway its definatly Castrol Edge you want!

If you just buy your own oil and take it too audi it will cost you half as much to have it serviced with them, and you will still get the stamp etc. (if thats what you want)

Or take it to the guys at VAGTECH who do a damn better job than audi at a fraction of the cost!

Last edited: