MAS Performance

My car is remapped by them. No problems at all, more power and torque. Not sure how much more though as they don't (or didn't) have a rolling road.

He said it will be mapped to 175bhp, going to charge £150 each if i get mine and my mates A6.
does it give you more mpg?

Seems to but I don't know if thats because you dont need to drive it as hard to get it going. I average 54-55 mpg normally on a good run and before I'd be around 51-52 mpg.

talking about mpg, i dont have the wiper stalk that has the button to check it. Is it just a case of buying the stalk with the button?

talking about mpg, i dont have the wiper stalk that has the button to check it. Is it just a case of buying the stalk with the button?

yes and a code with vcds

TPS ebay dealers

The dpf failed on me last year and was put with a potential bill of over £1000 by Audi.. After doing research on the net I found out that it was likely the dpf was going to miserably fail again and that dpf removal would be a viable solution.. After all the dpf will significantly decrease the performance, power and fuel economy.. Paid £250 to MAS performance up north for dpf removal and remap.. Best thing ever.. Would recommend it 110%

The dpf failed on me last year and was put with a potential bill of over £1000 by Audi.. After doing research on the net I found out that it was likely the dpf was going to miserably fail again and that dpf removal would be a viable solution.. After all the dpf will significantly decrease the performance, power and fuel economy.. Paid £250 to MAS performance up north for dpf removal and remap.. Best thing ever.. Would recommend it 110%
What were the power gains? I was thinking of remaping my TDI 170 would removing dpf filter make a difference in terms of power gain etc?

Also have heard of "many unscrupulous so called "Remappers" are just turning off the DPF fault code system so that the fault light doesn't come on the dash for DPF problems anymore. This leaves the system trying to use the DPF system and can very quickly damage the engine quite significantly."

Last edited:
I unfortunately had a very different experience with MAS performance, so not only would I NOT recommend them I would NEVER use them again! I opted to have my Merc ML cdi, remapped by them, a chap came to my house (which was the only plus side to using them), completed remap and then vehicle failed to start. Ended up removing the ECU, taking the soldering iron to it, removing chips, testing them, replacing them, reinstalling ECU, several scratches of the head and several 'this has never happened before' recitations, realised he had actually knocked some of his setting on his laptop which mapped the ECU incorrectly! Then managed to sort it, in total approx 3-4hrs work! Wasnt convinced it was any different, he couldnt show me using his laptop that it was, but gave me assuarances that it had been mapped. Also couldnt provide me with a receipt, as he didnt have any to hand but that he would definately send one out to me, (wouldnt have normally wanted or asked for one,but wanted some comeback if the car developed problems due to his work). The car never did have any issues, the MPG were marginally better. Sold the car, have had the BMW 535d since, remapped to 350bhp by DMS, that sold, now am rnning the S4 but no plans to remap it....yet! Oh and am still waiting for my receipt, from over 2 yrs ago, as he refused to answer my mails or answerphone messages!