Xenon headlights

hardcorism1983

Reaction score
I am planning to put in oem xenon headlights over time as a project.

I have purchased a passenger side xenon headlight unit to begin with. How do I know if its bi-xenon. Are all the xenons bi-xenons. Is there a way to tell by just looking at the bulbs through the front. Also are all a4 b7 xenon got drl's. Again if not how can I tell if they mine has it or not by just looking at it.

Sorry if these questions sound silly.

Just want to make sure that I buy a matching drivers side.

Thanks

Best person to talk to is ash aka itwasntme or something along them lines :D

They are all bi xenon and have the drls as standard. You can either fit a switch for the drls or programme them to be on or off using vcds. The drivers and passengers lights I have got have completely different part numbers but they still match and work exactly the same so don't worry too much aboutixing and matching.

For a second I thought I was being clever looking at eBay.de but then I remembered that they will be the wrong way round. Does anyone know if LHD can be changed to RHD or do I have to suffer the fools on eBay.co.uk?

Think you will have to suffer the fools!

On one of my old cars there was a little bar in the back of the headlight unit that you slid across which adjusted the beam pattern to LHD but I don't think there is on these lights. One of my headlights was delivered with a beam adjustment sticker on the light unit from when it had been driven abroad so I guess that sort of confirms it.