New member with a DTM

weekenny

Reaction score
Picked this up a few weeks back but have been off on hols typically enough it now won't run, looks like one of my coil packs committed suicide while I was away :unsure: it looks odd as the top is all swollen and pushed out of place, very odd never seen anything like it. Hopefully a trip to Audi tomorrow to get a new one will have it running again.

Anyways some pictures

dtm%20001.jpg

dtm%20002.jpg

dtm%20006.jpg

dtm%20007.jpg

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00229.JPG

Even the spare is brand new, its a credit to its previous owners. Very pleased with it :yes:

Never heard of these DTM A4's until I started to use the forum a few months back.

Looks very nice ..... other than cosmetically are there any real difference mechanically to stock ?

Cheers

No major differences, lower ride height, different spring/damper rates, drilled front brakes, electric front Recaro's, 220bhp rather than 200bhp.

Oh right a fair few changes then......like it, saw another on here in yellow which was pretty cool.

Hope it goes well fella :thumbsup:

hiya awesome car mate, just don't expect more than 450 miles out of the tank. also check the part number on the coil packs. audi are doing a free of charge upgrade fitting 07K 905 715 F. the "F" is newest model all other letters are obsolete. ask about the "28E9 Product Enhancement Campaign" it'll save you £160. the upgrade is free for all 2.0L tfsi engines not just dtm's. also that's a very naked engine bay! google 8e0103927f and 8e2 819 422a 01c and 8e2 819 447 01c at i can confirm they all fit my car (a 2.0l tfsi)

Reactions: weekenny
Mine did, i sprayed it black as didn't like the red, will spray it back if sell it etc. Also i don't think i have ever got over 350 miles to a tank lol

Thanks Andy, my local Glasgow Audi have confirmed I can get the coils free if I take the car to them...... thats right the car that doesnt run.
So looks like I'm a few quid out of pocket. I've come from a 375bhp Evo 6 at 150 miles a tank so I'm good with anything over that, lol.
I'll look into the covers - cheers.

Karl the red towing eye is meant to be "race inspired" I think. Looks ok in my opinion, along with the optional black mirrors help set it apart from the stock A4.

Audi wanted £140 for the coils but will refund this on you returning your faulty ones so not too bad. Car now running again with new coils, plugs and surge fuse.

Looks cracking, second one I have seen without MFSW though... did any come with it?

Cheers guys.

I don't think the DTM steering wheel has a MFSW version. None of the DTM's I saw had it and I saw pictures of about 14 different cars.

Interesting! Bit of a strange decision if you ask me! Just noticed your handbrake handle and gear knob... Are they trimmed in alcantera or suede? Some more pics of your interior would be fantastic if you're doing requests? ;)

They are suede and unique to the DTM.

Another couple

dtm%20008.jpg

dtm%20009.jpg

These are actually from when I was buying the car, I'll take some of my own when I put the new engine bay covers on. So if you have a specific request let me know and I'll do my best.

I was referring to the steering wheel, handbrake and gear knob or are they the same material? It seems subtly different to the seat centre fabric.

rang my dealer no coil pack recall on my car bummer would be nice for new coil packs

Welcome! I have a blue DTM. Suggest you go to Audi and get yourself 4 free coil packs as part of the recall.

Oops you've done that :)

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice mate, just a little late.

Wanted a blue one but this one was the right spec in the right condition at the right price (most importantly)

I have a yellow one! Sadly it's not monster spec but i'm getting there. Just really fancied a yellow one :).

722e9abe.jpg

47b5ef56.jpg

this is it pictured at gti international :), behind an rs4 :-(

Well lads, Im happy to see this thread as I was looking at buying a DTM recently. The only thing that surprises me A LOT is, why do people not order xenon lights with these beautiful cars? why? I absolutely adore the interior and the exterior of it but I think that xenon lights would just finish it off lovely... What do you think about the colours? There is a silver one for sale, looks nice and tidy (with xenons!!!) and there is a blue one for sale as well (similar mileage but no xenons...) I definitely wouldnt go for black as it hides all the lovely details, blue or silver? what would you lads say?

DTM's only came in black, blue, silver and yellow. There's only 250 in the UK. I agree with mlordy that black hides the unique body kit and with wrath that silver is far too common a colour. The sprint blue is the trademark RS4 colour which is a double edged sword as its a good looking vibrant colour though it may look as if your a wannabe. While the yellow is on totally different planet, there's one on autotrader at the moment for £17,000 with only 5300 miles which is pretty remarkable for a limited edition car made only in 2005. The mfsw was a £340 option. Go to Parkers>Reviews>Equipment to see what options were available and how much was spent on you car.

I like the yellow but wasn't paying the money for that one as its been on a while. The blues I could find at the time didn't have the spec I wanted. So I was kinda stuck with silver but after my last car subtle was one of the things I wanted from this car.

The thing is most people haven't got a clue what the DTM is no matter what colour. Most people think its just an a4 with some sort of bodykit. Those of us in the know however, know different :).

That doesn't bother me. I've spent the last year explaining to people what the genuine s line bodykit is and why/how is it better than the replica ****e

i have a gen yellow one mint car love it may only go up in price had bmw m3 before this performance is not bad good build miles better then bmw

Last edited: