Chris NottBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andymartin045

Thread: New member with a DTM

Neutral

Status

New member with a DTM

Picked this up a few weeks back but have been off on hols typically enough it now won't run, looks like one of my coil packs committed suicide while I was away it looks odd as the top is all swollen and pushed out of place, very odd never seen anything like it. Hopefully a trip to Audi tomorrow to get a new one will have it running again.

Anyways some pictures

Even the spare is brand new, its a credit to its previous owners. Very pleased with it
    VCDS & TPS Account holder.

2. # ADS
    ADS

DSB
    Neutral

Status
    Never heard of these DTM A4's until I started to use the forum a few months back.

Looks very nice ..... other than cosmetically are there any real difference mechanically to stock ?
    B6 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant

Neutral

Status
    Cheers

No major differences, lower ride height, different spring/damper rates, drilled front brakes, electric front Recaro's, 220bhp rather than 200bhp.

DSB
    Neutral

Status
    Oh right a fair few changes then......like it, saw another on here in yellow which was pretty cool.

Hope it goes well fella
    B6 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant

Neutral

Status
    hiya awesome car mate, just don't expect more than 450 miles out of the tank. also check the part number on the coil packs. audi are doing a free of charge upgrade fitting 07K 905 715 F. the "F" is newest model all other letters are obsolete. ask about the "28E9 Product Enhancement Campaign" it'll save you £160. the upgrade is free for all 2.0L tfsi engines not just dtm's. also that's a very naked engine bay! google 8e0103927f and 8e2 819 422a 01c and 8e2 819 447 01c at i can confirm they all fit my car (a 2.0l tfsi)

weekenny likes this.
    2005 2.0T DTM quattro 281bhp,
    Carbon Fibre, MFSW, BOSE, Bluetooth, Parking Aids, Nav Plus, Recaro Leather & Alcantara, S4 Mirrors, RS4 pedals, H&R springs, RS4 ARB, Spacers, Debadged, Auto Lights/Mirror/Wipers, Silent Forge DV & Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres. Awful Mileage and some TTS Roadsport stickers!

2nd Gear

Status
    Do all DTM's have a bright red towing eye?
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

4th Gear

Status
    Mine did, i sprayed it black as didn't like the red, will spray it back if sell it etc. Also i don't think i have ever got over 350 miles to a tank lol

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Andy, my local Glasgow Audi have confirmed I can get the coils free if I take the car to them...... thats right the car that doesnt run.
    So looks like I'm a few quid out of pocket. I've come from a 375bhp Evo 6 at 150 miles a tank so I'm good with anything over that, lol.
    I'll look into the covers - cheers.

Karl the red towing eye is meant to be "race inspired" I think. Looks ok in my opinion, along with the optional black mirrors help set it apart from the stock A4.

Neutral

Status
    Audi wanted £140 for the coils but will refund this on you returning your faulty ones so not too bad. Car now running again with new coils, plugs and surge fuse.

1st Gear

Status
    car is looking good mate loving mine

VAG Addict

Status
    Looks cracking, second one I have seen without MFSW though... did any come with it?
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers guys.

I don't think the DTM steering wheel has a MFSW version. None of the DTM's I saw had it and I saw pictures of about 14 different cars.

VAG Addict

Status
    Interesting! Bit of a strange decision if you ask me! Just noticed your handbrake handle and gear knob... Are they trimmed in alcantera or suede? Some more pics of your interior would be fantastic if you're doing requests?
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Neutral

Status
    They are suede and unique to the DTM.

Another couple

These are actually from when I was buying the car, I'll take some of my own when I put the new engine bay covers on. So if you have a specific request let me know and I'll do my best.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weekenny View Post
    They are suede and unique to the DTM.
    Seats are covered in Nardia microfibre fabric with leather bolsters and white stiching
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

Neutral

Status
    I was referring to the steering wheel, handbrake and gear knob or are they the same material? It seems subtly different to the seat centre fabric.

1st Gear

Status
    Some DTM's were made with a MFSW

Four Sprung Ducks

1st Gear

Status
    rang my dealer no coil pack recall on my car bummer would be nice for new coil packs

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    my steeringwheel gear knob n handbrake are the same so not unique to dtm sorry I was also told they where suede mind oh n its a mfsw lol
    Last edited by drmole; 4th July 2011 at 12:22.
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

1st Gear

Status
    any yellow dtm owners out there

Collecting Rings

Status
    Welcome! I have a blue DTM. Suggest you go to Audi and get yourself 4 free coil packs as part of the recall.

Oops you've done that :-)
    Last edited by OxfordRich; 11th July 2011 at 20:42.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the advice mate, just a little late.

Wanted a blue one but this one was the right spec in the right condition at the right price (most importantly)

4th Gear

Status
    I have a yellow one! Sadly it's not monster spec but i'm getting there. Just really fancied a yellow one :-).

this is it pictured at gti international :-), behind an rs4 :-(

1st Gear

Status
    Well lads, Im happy to see this thread as I was looking at buying a DTM recently. The only thing that surprises me A LOT is, why do people not order xenon lights with these beautiful cars? why? I absolutely adore the interior and the exterior of it but I think that xenon lights would just finish it off lovely... What do you think about the colours? There is a silver one for sale, looks nice and tidy (with xenons!!!) and there is a blue one for sale as well (similar mileage but no xenons...) I definitely wouldnt go for black as it hides all the lovely details, blue or silver? what would you lads say?

Neutral

Status
    Silver

Seriously though go see both and get the one in the best condition

5th Gear

Status
    Blue definitely. Silver just makes cars look bland in my opinion (no offence).
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    DTM's only came in black, blue, silver and yellow. There's only 250 in the UK. I agree with mlordy that black hides the unique body kit and with wrath that silver is far too common a colour. The sprint blue is the trademark RS4 colour which is a double edged sword as its a good looking vibrant colour though it may look as if your a wannabe. While the yellow is on totally different planet, there's one on autotrader at the moment for £17,000 with only 5300 miles which is pretty remarkable for a limited edition car made only in 2005. The mfsw was a £340 option. Go to Parkers>Reviews>Equipment to see what options were available and how much was spent on you car.
    2005 2.0T DTM quattro 281bhp,
    Carbon Fibre, MFSW, BOSE, Bluetooth, Parking Aids, Nav Plus, Recaro Leather & Alcantara, S4 Mirrors, RS4 pedals, H&R springs, RS4 ARB, Spacers, Debadged, Auto Lights/Mirror/Wipers, Silent Forge DV & Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres. Awful Mileage and some TTS Roadsport stickers!

Neutral

Status
    I like the yellow but wasn't paying the money for that one as its been on a while. The blues I could find at the time didn't have the spec I wanted. So I was kinda stuck with silver but after my last car subtle was one of the things I wanted from this car.

4th Gear

Status
    The thing is most people haven't got a clue what the DTM is no matter what colour. Most people think its just an a4 with some sort of bodykit. Those of us in the know however, know different :-).

1st Gear

Status
    That doesn't bother me. I've spent the last year explaining to people what the genuine s line bodykit is and why/how is it better than the replica ****e

1st Gear

Status
    i have a gen yellow one mint car love it may only go up in price had bmw m3 before this performance is not bad good build miles better then bmw
    Last edited by sewell10; 14th July 2011 at 20:45.

1st Gear

Status
    if u look under sewell10 u will see my baby