TRUE EXPECTED MILEAGE

archiemac281

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2007 S-Line 1.9 115bhp re-mapped to 150bhp now here are my issue, since it has been re-mapped the preformance has been brilliant however, as I drive it that little harder I have become aware that for £25 worth of Diesel I am getting around about 160 miles which I think this equates to about 35mpg so my question is have I a problem. This return is done on a combined cycle of main roads and motorways not driving carefully but not driving full throttle all the time either. Is there any way of getting my car checked out or is the a true reflection of genuine combined driving as there are no issues with the car it drives excellent. Feedback would be appreciated chaps, cheers

So what is the problem with mine, any advise on why I am getting such low economy. Not to bothered, only if the re-map can cause a problem. Cheers

To be honest, anyone who remaps to that extent is going to get a drop in economy. I have a 140 and I get far better mpg than you do. I bet if you switched off the remap your mpg would increase possibly by about 10mpg

First things first, like Wrath said, if you increase the power, and make use of it, you fuel consumption will rise. That is not voodoo or black magic, just a basic rule of science. If you want to use less fuel, go easy on the power and drive smoothly.

Secondly, the only accurate way to measure your fuel consumption is to brim the tank, run it for several hundred miles of representative driving, brim it again to exactly the same cut-off point as last time, at the same pump as last time, and then divide the mileage covered by the fuel put in. That is not voodoo or black magic either, just simple arithmetic. Anything else is just guesswork, and therefore of no value.