The Eternal wheel debate - please help

doug.p

Reaction score
i have not decided on style yet, but i plan to get some new alloys for my b7 avant s line

currently i am running 8 x 19 RS6 reps

size wise i would like to go to 9 x 19
firstly is this possible ??
if so what size offset would i need ?
if not i know i would be ok with 8.5 x 19 but again what offset would i require
i am having trouble tracking down suitable wheels at 8.5 x 19 also
i am a fan of oem look, so nothing garish.
my old wheels will be up for sale soon if anyone wants them, but they need a refurb as the missus has mullered them.

with kerbing in my mind, what is the best tyre for alloy protection ??

thanks

Drop into Tyreweb at Ashford Orbital Park and speak to Damo, tell him I recommended you. He is an expert in all things wheel related.

Call first to make sure he isn't on a day off. 01233 500444.
Or just call him for advice.

wil give him a call ta

will 9 x 19 with an et of 40 - 50 go straight on with no rubbing or anything - especially on the fronts.
i am not after the sticking out a mile look, just want to fill the arches properly

Doug, I spoke to Damo yesterday and he is expecting your call. He is a really nice guy, and does a good deal on tyres too.
I get mine done there, even though I am in Birmingham !

If all your looking for is to fill the arches, then spacers will do the job, then you don't need to swap wheels.

9j with ET50 wont cause you any problems. 9j with ET40 will be fine on the rear but not sure about the fronts?

I'm running 9x19 ET 60 all round with PCD adapters bringing them down to ET35 front, ET25 rear on 215/35/19s.

Which wheels are you looking at? I'm guessing Bentley wheels as you've said 9x19? If so they are ET41 and will fit fine, though if you like the wheels flush, use some spacers.

In terms of tyres, for wheel protection go for 235/35/19.

Here's a pic of mine for reference:

audiair_01-930x620.jpg

Bentley wheels fit no probs but if the wife has mullerd your 8J's then they won't stand a chance. I liked the look of he B's but for everyday use there not for me. Sold mine on and back to my RS4 reps. Here is what 215's on a 9" rim look like.

photo5.jpg

the tyres are nearing the end of their life, the alloys are kerbed, so i thought it was time for a swap.
i really like the bently ones
also really like the RS6, but cant get them in a 9 x 19 with the correct offset ??
i do not want them to stick out past the arches to much.
her is my current ones:

10042010253.jpg

10042010255.jpg

ultramodz:

how the f*** does that drive? or are you on air ???
bentlys look good

ok
so the other half wants RS4 alloys
i want bentleys
i canot find any bentley 5 spokes for sale so i guess its the rs4'S
so i really want 9" width on the rear in an rs4, is this possible ?? cant find any, only genuine ones, which i take are the wrong offset ?

help!

ok
so the other half wants RS4 alloys
i want bentleys
i canot find any bentley 5 spokes for sale so i guess its the rs4'S
so i really want 9" width on the rear in an rs4, is this possible ?? cant find any, only genuine ones, which i take are the wrong offset ?

help!

I'm sure the OEM RS4 wheels are 9J ET29 which is way to wide for standard arches. As for not finding Bentley wheels, I just sold some 19" 9 Spoke which are rare but plenty of 5 spke available. I know of two other sets for sale. Priced around £900 to £1000 with tyres fitted.