55 plate 2.0tdi do i keep it?

mike2a

Reaction score
Hi guys I am after a bit of advice.

I have been reading all the issues that affect the bob engines and after my new purchase has been less than reliable I am thinking do I go for a replacement or money back. I'll give you the full story so you can give the best advice.

One month after I got my 140 Sline avant it started using water, I diagnosed as head gasget. Not a problem as it was.under warenty. Garage then had the head tested and it was cracked, so a new one was fitted. Fair enough I think. 110 miles later an injector gose down, not shuting down engine but can't drive the.dame thing because of the give, this was also fixed under warenty.

Now I'm not happy that this isn't a bit of a pup, and have been offered a replacement of equal value, now this will have all the same issues that my current one has been through . It has had the oil pump drive done and has had Audi servicing all its life.

So the question is, is it better the devil you know or new one or force the issue for a refund under the not fit for purpose?

Cheers mike

Last edited:
If it was me, a car that had those problems I would ditch. My 05 plate's only issue has been an air con compressor, I did get the oil balancer changed to the new design when it went in for it's cambelt change. Because I spent nearly two grand on that, I'm keeping it for a couple of years but I no longer worry about the balancer issue as I'm not keeping it for longer.