Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

2010-2011 RNSe....in a B7?....Shirley Knot.

Last edited by Wrath; 11th June 2011 at 22:23.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Looks just like mine...what's the difference between the years apart from the disc for sat nav?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    Ah I see, the media button... Still have the memory card slots though...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    The two main changes are the acceptance of SDHC cards and the removal of the 512 file limit as well as a higher resolution screen. Managed to find a B7 faceplate on ebay (they are rare!) and got this brand new A3 unit for £430! Took me an hour and a half to swap all the internals over but loving it to bits.
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Nathan, nice addition fella. Am wanting to plug in a kufatec harness into the rear of my rnse to enable the aux output. Would you be able to remove the rnse for me to enable me to plug the harness into.

Thanks

Abb
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice work Wrath, is it difficult to do? i.e swap the internals?
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Hi Nathan, nice addition fella. Am wanting to plug in a kufatec harness into the rear of my rnse to enable the aux output. Would you be able to remove the rnse for me to enable me to plug the harness into.
    I ended up borrowing a decent set of keys from B5Nut as the ebay ones that came with the adapter didn't remove my Symphony. B5Nut said that the keys I borrowed have never failed so I could remove your unit for you, it'll only take a minute.

Drop me a PM.
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    Nice work Wrath, is it difficult to do? i.e swap the internals?
    I normally shy away from most handson work when I've never done it before. I found a few articles on the Internet but B5Nut gave me the necessary reassurance. It took me an hour and a half as I didn't want to rush anything. Power on the unit, get the screen to lay flat, turn unit off. Remove the three screws at the base of the screen and you have to be very careful with these screws as you are knackered if you balls the screwhead up.

Once they've been removed I took the screws out of the top, bottom and sides, the faceplate comes off and then it's just a matter of taking the layers off to swap over the bits.
    Nathan

6th Gear

Status
    Or..... just buy a seat exeo unit.
    8V S3 Sportback with options on order

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    lol ....love it
    I just found one on eBay cheers matey
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    If you want to pay more then yeah
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Had a couple of issues with the sat nav that were sorted after coding with guidance from Lee (B5Nut). Works a charm and the sound quality is far superior to my Symphony II...oh, yeah.
    Last edited by Wrath; 14th June 2011 at 15:43.
    Nathan

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all here...

i would like to know is this difference also on RNS-E for A6 Audi model??
    so that RNS-E 2010 A6 has also MEDIA button and better screen?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    the 2010 onwards RNS-E have several other additions, you can use AMI if you want (allows proper Ipod integration! albeit it at another £400 for the AMI unit), faster processors, the older units are much slower!! also you get the nicer chromed buttons which freshen it up loads!! and of course the 32gb SD slots...... all in all a better unit than the older model

I can feel the pain having taken one of these apart myself - my unit on delivery didnt light up in the dark, so had to strip it down and eventually found a bent pin.....sooo nerve racking when you see all the screws on the table

Abb, if you follow the diagram on the RNS you'll see its easy enough to wire in the Aux yourself, 3 wires iirc...save spending pointless cash on Kufatec and their silly dreamt up postage costs
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    the 2010 onwards RNS-E have several other additions, you can use AMI if you want (allows proper Ipod integration! albeit it at another £400 for the AMI unit), faster processors, the older units are much slower!! also you get the nicer chromed buttons which freshen it up loads!! and of course the 32gb SD slots...... all in all a better unit than the older model

I can feel the pain having taken one of these apart myself - my unit on delivery didnt light up in the dark, so had to strip it down and eventually found a bent pin.....sooo nerve racking when you see all the screws on the table

Abb, if you follow the diagram on the RNS you'll see its easy enough to wire in the Aux yourself, 3 wires iirc...save spending pointless cash on Kufatec and their silly dreamt up postage costs
    Yeap done this a number of times for B7 owners, nice mod tbh.

Only problem is the B7 works on kline & limited can, AMI wont work as it cant be coded into a gateway as such, although I'm still having thoughts on how to achieve this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    and the master has spoken......

then Nige came along and stole my thunder

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sorry mate

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    No probs matey, i'll be coming at ya with A6 shizzle soon..... Gonna make like a guinea pig

3rd Gear

Status
    Does anyone know the resolution ? I want to run a car P&D via an OEM RNSE. The v1 resolution is too low really.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    Driving a 2004 B6 Audi S4 - Stage 2

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    AMI wont work
    Not true, I've got a 2006 B7 RS4 to which I've retrofitted a 2010+ RNS-E and AMI , see this sticky thread in this forum http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...29-ami-b7.html
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Not true, I've got a 2006 B7 RS4 to which I've retrofitted a 2010+ RNS-E and AMI , see this sticky thread in this forum http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...29-ami-b7.html
    I'm very happy to be proved wrong on this subject, in fairness it was a full year after it was discussed, wiring was researched & differences were there in cars it is officially supported on, was pot luck as we thought it needed a specific gateway based connection along with gateway coding, but proved wrong for the better, nice one PD.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    in fairness it was a full year after it was discussed
    Sorry, I should have made that point as well.

I had the AMI sitting in my study for a couple of years, there were posts on here and other Audi forums all saying it wouldn't work (and email contact from an engineer at Audi saying the same) before I eventually decided "what the heck" and tried it.

Several other people have now also fitted the AMI to their B7, and it works for all of them.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5