Cambelt change

janzbro

Reaction score
Hi all, just checking my service booklet and the service guy has written on the service booklet that the cambelt needs changing next service !!! surely not its a late 2007 with 36K on the clock

It says in your service book what the interval is for the cambelt (toothed belt).

People will tell you all sorts but go by the schedule in the book. Its 80k but cant remember if its 4 or 5 years.

Don't skimp on it its not a nice feeling to know your engine just ate itself :-(

It says in your service book what the interval is for the cambelt (toothed belt).

People will tell you all sorts but go by the schedule in the book. Its 80k but cant remember if its 4 or 5 years.

Don't skimp on it its not a nice feeling to know your engine just ate itself :-(

as i said but if his service book is the same as mine it will state to change it at 125k miles audis have now revised this to 80K miles

as i said but if his service book is the same as mine it will state to change it at 125k miles audis have now revised this to 80K miles

His is a late 2007 so should have been a revised service book - all the 2007 ones I looked at said 80k - mine has 80k in it and its from Sep 2007.

Also is yours a 2.0tdi? I thought different engines have different intervals (I'm assuming your not a 2.0tdi)

na mine a 2.0tfsi mine a 2007 aswell
dont know y audi thought 125k would be ok in the first place mind bit of rubber lasting 125k at bowt 3 to 4 thousand rpm cmon lol

i hear wa ur saying bowt different engines buts think the cam belts are nearly always the same intervals service intervals would prob be depentant on the engines could be wrong mind but thas wa makes this forum great plently of advice and knowledge so sure some1 will correct us soon lol

hi mine is a 57 plate 2.0 tdi se when does the cambelt need changing?

hi mine is a 57 plate 2.0 tdi se when does the cambelt need changing?

Any time now , 4 years or mileage which ever comes first , I had mine done earlier this year at 60 k it was exactly 4 years old , also recommend you get the water pump done at the same time .

My cam belt and water pump are being replaced next week on my 2.0 TDi 170(208) quattro at 76,000 miles / 4 years.

These aren't items to be taking risks with :readit:

Did mine myself about 2 months ago. Done at 78k/6 years. Not worth risking it for the price (especially if you can do it yourself).

Just had mine done, 5 years old and 60k. Dealers quoted me £399 all in but I ended up getting it done at a local garage I trust. Not worth risking it really.

Having grief from TVS autos about the A3 I have done a deal on. It's a 170 S line Quattro 5 years old with 51k on the clock. They have
said they will service, but will not include a Cam belt as the service manual states 80k. Audi have told me 75k or 5 years.

Don't know where to go with this as tried digging heels in, not even a gesture of paying for labour! Meaty deposit left, so can't back out.

Any thoughts on next steps other than biting the bullet?

dont skimp on it.
had a guy with a 2003 tt, hes been in about 5 times with various problems over the last 10 months.... each time we reminded him the cambelts over due..... well it broke! stripped all the teeth off the belt round the crank pulley. bent every valve!
cost him 1300 to fix it at our place. i did the job.

Cheers. Asked the dealer to go away and quote me for the job.

Audi have a £399 deal all in, is that good or could I get a better deal with a decent independent?

I think it's a good idea to get the water pump changed at the same with while it's accessible (I think it's the water pump). Shouldn't make it much more expensive.