Oil usage in my Audi A4 Sline Avant SE 2 litre petrol. Petrol consumption also.

marballs

Reaction score
Hi,

My oil light has come on again and I just wanted to make sure this was normal.

I had my car services at Audi Brentford in Sept 2010. I did have an annual service optoin so I need to come back again in 12 months (but it should be cheaper I beleive because of some offer).
About a month ago the oil light came on and I was suprised as I thought the oil would last the year.

So I put about a litre of oil in it and yesterday the light has come on again.

I just want to know that it is normal to ned to put oil in, inbetween services? Is this just another cost I have to live with?

My car is a petrol 2 litre Special edition. Also when I fill it up, a full tank gets me about between 270 and 315 miles.
So when I fill I reset the counter and I refill the next time the oil light comes on.

This drinks more petrol then my old mondeo I had before.

Is all of this normal?

Thanks in advance.

some use oil some dont
audi quote a ltr to 6k miles and say thats ok

Oil, mine was using a litre for every 2k miles. That rate may have slowed down slightly, but I'm not sure.

Petrol, I tend to get 350 miles to a fill up, or a little bit more. I guess a fill up is 50-60 litres usually, so about 30mpg roughly.

god im stage 3 and can get 40 mpg at 75ish cruise on
but then its usaly 15/23 mpg when i drive it normal

I can get a good 400 miles to a tank from mine...

And the oil consumption is around a litre every six months or so, just one of those things you have to live with.

It may help your mpg if you de clutter the boot. I always used to have two crates of water in there along with a load of other stuff that I couldn't be bothered to put somewhere else, removed it all and get around 5 - 10 mpg more.

You'd have to get carrying some serious weight to loose 10mpg. A range of 400 miles should be achievable though.

Not had mine long enough to monitor the oil consumption but easily get 400 miles plus from a full tank with mixed driving.

I get 270-300 town driving, 380 ish on a journey. mine is standard map, filter and cat back system

Good to know someone else gets my range. I must add my trip to the office is about 3 miles. Can be as short as 3 mins. My folks only lie 2 miles away, so when I poip there for dinner. A few of my mates live say just 2 miles away. So I do do a lot of short trips.

I did have a few things in my boot as well which I have cleared out. But as long as there is no sign there is a problem with my car and it's just, well it's just the way it is then fair enough.

What is standard map? I apologies, despite loving my car I don't actually know much about it. I just know I've got a 2 litre S line SE Avant 56 plate. It drives nice and I enjoy it very much.

Standard map is just what it left the factory with mate, some on here have had there's remapped for more power, bex has even gone for a bigger turbo and still gets good economy on a long run which is nice to know.

Short trips are what will be eating your oil, and fuel, engines don't like it so much if they don't get up to temperature properly during a journey, which means they aren't as efficient on fuel.