Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Unhappy *URGENT HELP PLEASE* Just put new wheels on

hi everyone, i have just bought some JADE R wheels this morning from a bloke second hand, he informed me they were off a B7 chasis, which is my car, but 20" rims, put them on, and they rub on the wheel arch when i tip the car too much, is there anything I can do other than sell them on?

see pics

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    *UPDATE*
    just called local garage and they have informed me they can roll out the wheel arches for £300, is this a good idea? will it knacker my car or the look of my car?

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, please can you post the offset of the alloys and the tyre profile that you are using. Will help others chime in
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    get the centres machined in 10mm, or change the wheels cos 20"s look HUGE!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    300 let him shag you aswell ffs its 30 quid a arch
    get the camber in -2 will sort it on the rear
    also take the 2 screws out from the front wing liners cause there gona rub on the front

Neutral

Status
    the tyres are 225/20 ZR20, can anyone recommend somewhere in the Northwest that could do this for me, here is a pic of how much it partrude's

5th Gear

Status
    shame, they look nice wheels...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Avantageous

Status
    Thats the perfect amount of poke right there.

I say take the 2 front screws out of the liner, maybe add a little camber to the rear, and get some thinner tires stretched on them and you'll be fine.

Neutral

Status
    love em, could really do with finding a workaround, wouldnt mind shaving a few mil off and rolling out the arches and altering the camber if it would work! don't want to spend silly money though, they wasn't that expensive to justify alot spending on making them fit
    anyone point me in hte right direction please?
    sorry to sound like such a novice but i have been a bike man all my life, a car was a three letter swear word to me till i was 28!
    this is my usual ride

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    hmm nice bike im a r6 man realy but -2 on the rear screws out on the front
    what off set are they ?

Neutral

Status
    I had no idea what offset was until putting this post up, (nieve moron who believed what the seller told me) going to change them back to the originals and see what they are this morning, I will post back and dependant on how difficult it is to make them work depends if they go up for sale on here, lol!

Neutral

Status
    I have had a go on a few R6's and find them to be too harsh a ride for me as I like longer ride outs! I used to have a zx6 but found because it was a 6 I was in the red everywhere I wet, 1000 is the way forward, deffo worth the extra bit of weight, takes getting used to the different ride style but fun for longer I thought! each to their own bikes though!

4th Gear

Status
    Isn't protruding wheels an MOT failure aswell?
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

Neutral

Status
    the ET is 15, I am assuming that is never going to fit my car as the originals are 42...

?

Status
    If these were the ones for sale on pistonheads then he had them on an B7 RS4 and they can take bigger wider and lower offset wheels because of the wider arches

I'd flog them an get some 19s - personally don't think 20s look right on the B7 - too much wheel
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-N View Post
    I'd flog them an get some 19s - personally don't think 20s look right on the B7 - too much wheel
    I agree. These look all wrong; totally out of proportion to the car.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    yep, they are going to go up for sale, trying them locally first but if anyone wants them they are 650 plus shipping unless you are close to warrington and i will deliver,
    will pop them in classifieds soon!!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    et15 pity best you could get away with is 32 max

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Hmmm, wouldnt mind having a blast with these on mine for "summer" wheels...