*URGENT HELP PLEASE* Just put new wheels on

woddle1000

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have just bought some JADE R wheels this morning from a bloke second hand, he informed me they were off a B7 chasis, which is my car, but 20" rims, put them on, and they rub on the wheel arch when i tip the car too much, is there anything I can do other than sell them on?

see pics
DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

*UPDATE*
just called local garage and they have informed me they can roll out the wheel arches for £300, is this a good idea? will it knacker my car or the look of my car?

Hi, please can you post the offset of the alloys and the tyre profile that you are using. Will help others chime in

get the centres machined in 10mm, or change the wheels cos 20"s look HUGE!

300 let him shag you aswell *** its 30 quid a arch
get the camber in -2 will sort it on the rear
also take the 2 screws out from the front wing liners cause there gona rub on the front

the tyres are 225/20 ZR20, can anyone recommend somewhere in the Northwest that could do this for me, here is a pic of how much it partrude's
DSC_0235.jpg

Thats the perfect amount of poke right there.

I say take the 2 front screws out of the liner, maybe add a little camber to the rear, and get some thinner tires stretched on them and you'll be fine.

love em, could really do with finding a workaround, wouldnt mind shaving a few mil off and rolling out the arches and altering the camber if it would work! don't want to spend silly money though, they wasn't that expensive to justify alot spending on making them fit
anyone point me in hte right direction please?
sorry to sound like such a novice but i have been a bike man all my life, a car was a three letter swear word to me till i was 28!
this is my usual ride
DSC_0010.jpg

hmm nice bike im a r6 man realy but -2 on the rear screws out on the front
what off set are they ?

I had no idea what offset was until putting this post up, (nieve moron who believed what the seller told me) going to change them back to the originals and see what they are this morning, I will post back and dependant on how difficult it is to make them work depends if they go up for sale on here, lol!

I have had a go on a few R6's and find them to be too harsh a ride for me as I like longer ride outs! I used to have a zx6 but found because it was a 6 I was in the red everywhere I wet, 1000 is the way forward, deffo worth the extra bit of weight, takes getting used to the different ride style but fun for longer I thought! each to their own bikes though!

the ET is 15, I am assuming that is never going to fit my car as the originals are 42...

If these were the ones for sale on pistonheads then he had them on an B7 RS4 and they can take bigger wider and lower offset wheels because of the wider arches

I'd flog them an get some 19s - personally don't think 20s look right on the B7 - too much wheel

yep, they are going to go up for sale, trying them locally first but if anyone wants them they are 650 plus shipping unless you are close to warrington and i will deliver,
will pop them in classifieds soon!!

et15 pity best you could get away with is 32 max

Hmmm, wouldnt mind having a blast with these on mine for "summer" wheels...