Will my car accept xenons?

unikarl

Reaction score
I've got almost everything I need to fit proper Audi xenon headligfhts to my car. I'm only short of one ballast which I think I have found. I've found out that my car my not let me programme it to tell it that xenons are there and I may need a new control module to do so. Does anyone know how I might be able to check without havuing to plug the car in and see?

I'm pretty sure that knowing my luck I'll need the new module!

Hmm.... not 100% sure, but I don't know if you need to reprogram the car at all. I fitted OEM xenons to my old 3.2 B7 and all that was needed was the Kufatec harness which has the wire that you run to the control module up underneath the steering wheel. And they just worked straight away. Maybe my car was already on the right program I don't know.

I've never heard of a car that you can't program, sometimes it doesn't accept the change straight away but should do eventually. I would try and get someone to try and program your car first, should reprogram even without the xenons installed.

And just to brag a little, I picked up a complete set of OEM xenons ballasts and bulbs for £200 a couple of months ago. Well chuffed!