What is the cost of putting a phone kit in to A4 convertible 2008?

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
I am a car driver, I love a smart looking car, I look after my cars and they are always in A1 condition, BUT I am not technical minded, which is why I am asking you guys on here.

I live near Bedford, and wondered if anyone knew of a decent place to go to get a handsfree kit put into the car?

Also, anyone know where I could get advice on changing the seat in the car or some way of making it easier for my wife to get in and out, she is now suffering from arthritis, and her knees and neck are hurting and it is painful to get in my car. She is only 34 but has rheumatoid arthritis which has come on in the last year, if we had known before I bought this car I would have bought something more practical. I have a 2008 A4 converible 1.8T Sport. I am looking to sell but it doesn't look likely I will get anywhere near it's real value. Glass's guide says it is worth £15000 private sale, but today I was offered £12500 as a trade in. I have also advertised it for several weeks in Auto Trader and had one response that wasn't a CARDATA scammer.

It is a lovely car. So I would love to keep it, but it just isn't practical for my wife anymore. Unless there is some way to make adjustments to it.

well what set up do you have already IE rns-e etc etc

for the seat i dont think you could mod it higher
isnt it high enough when you pull the handle up on the side ?

I have the audi symphony 6 cd changer at the moment.

I have adjusted the seat as high as it will go, but it is still real difficult for her to get out of. When I have been to garages and she has tried other cars, she can get into a freelander a lot easier. Also Quashquai was ok, but she struggled with Kuga and Toureg. I know I am probaly barking up the wrong tree here and will have to bite the bullet and trade it in for a lot less than it's real worth.

Update, I have found a swivel seat device and a Handygrip which for £50 seems to have made things better for the wife. I can claim VAT back on it too!

nice 1 take pics when its fitted

Shoot! £400 including VAT for a handsfree! Man.

ebay should do it for around 200 if you fit yourself
look on german ebay

Yep, I can't do electronics, I am no good with fiddly things, so I suppose that's why I got to pay.

spose so if you was closer id fit it for you
but im thinking your far away from south yorkshire

Yep, I sure am, I have been to Leeds, York, Sheffield, Market Weighton, and even Hull for a drink or two, but not lately! Friendly bunch, serious, not like us southerners.

Might be worth going for a generic bluetooth kit rather than a audi one if you want to save a bit of cash. I have the basic nokia bluetooth ck7 + a basic brodit mount in my last 2 audis and it worked flawlessly on my iphones.

Piocs of seatspinner and handybar.

seatspinner-1.jpg

handybar-1.jpg

My wife says they are a great help as she has something to grab hold of when she is pulling herself out of the seat. Wicked. Can keep the car :)