2.0 TDi loud intake noise

RE S-LINE

Reaction score
Hi all,
bought my first Audi (2.0 TDi S-line 140) back in april and put it straight into Audi for a timing belt,tensioner etc,when the job was completed the mechanic road tested the car and the tensioner failed resulting in the timing belt coming off.The Audi dealer has rebuilt the head etc but when i got it back (last week) it sounded terrible (deep droning noise) as if there was no air filter fitted,i have had the car back twice and they have fitted vac pump/air box but it is still the same.The dealer is now saying they cannot find anything wrong with the car and thats how it should sound,to me it sounds like a taxi with a million miles on the clock.Can anyone help me with some info so i can go back to the dealer with some ammunition.

I think you need a second opinion. Another garage, maybe a BOSCH centre, just somewhere to give a second opinion.

had same thing on mine after cambelt tensioner went(2 months after audi fitted cambelt) valves bent and it was back pressuring to air box,so they had to fit new complete head now runs like new car.had result really as its got 130k on the clock.

Mines louder in airbox noise than it should be in my opinion.
It has history of cambelt just before i purchased it.
Can you tell me if you had any fault codes or if there was anything you noticed different with performance?