Audi A4 Cab 2006

Timmy

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently purchased my Audi and had a few problems, there was a judder when pulling away which was diagnosed as a faulty dual mass fly wheel which subsequently has been replaced. During the same time the DPF warning light came on and Audi fixed this by regeneration.
My questions are:

How long does the regeneration period last?
Is it worth removing the DPF and at what cost?
Do other forum members have the same issues?

Thankyou in advance

I drive a 2.0tdi 2008 cab and I recently had my clutch and DMF replaced(after 30k), this seems to be a common problem. DPF - regeneration lasts around 5 - 10 mins in mine when driving at the right conditions. dpf removal is quite costly I believe around £1k, not something I have looked into tho so maybe someone will give you a more acurate price.

generally yes, its just a short 7 mile trip to work everyday, its dual carriageway but its all stop start. I've owned the car for about 15 months now and the regen dpf has come on about 5-6 times during that time, which i dont think is too bad. what i have found tho is that it comes on, I do the regen procedure 2 weeks later the lights back on again, then i wont see it for months.

Thank you arnoldlog.

One last question.

How do you do the regeneratin procedure?

Do you drive at a certain speed in a designated gear.

I had my generation done at Audi under the warranty so that is the reason I am asking.

Thank you once again

4th or 5th gear for 10 minutes with engine speed around 2000rpm

Hi

Just had dual mass fly wheel & clutch replaced on my cab, £1200 pound from vag approved garage, main dealer was far more.

Drives like a new motor now!! If it is the DMF you are taking a risk if you leave it as the result can be costly.

Craig