My Avant (pics)

Marrow

Reaction score
Pics of my avant for those that havent seen pics posted in another thread.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/gphilla/2011-03-28103451.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/gphilla/2011-03-28103435.jpg

2.0 t Fsi Remap and BSR in take
H&R sport springs
DTM alloys refinished in audi matt titanium
10mm front 12mm rear eibach spacers
Wrapped chrome trim and grill
Just had tints redone 35% not shown in picture
Some other little bits here and there

Parking sensors getting fitted this weekend

Thanks to memeber gphilla for his help with the car if it wasnt for his hard work car would be std

Enjoy

Last edited:
Looks good fella, interested in a comparison between the standard s line springs compared to the H&R assuming you have kept the standard shocks? Also wondering if you have considered the B5 spring plates?

Looks good fella, interested in a comparison between the standard s line springs compared to the H&R assuming you have kept the standard shocks? Also wondering if you have considered the B5 spring plates?

Considered lowering caps but to be honest I use the car as my daily/family car and there are loads of speed bumps near me so I dont want it any lower or think I may drag my splitter off or get some rubbing. Rear is tucked and front is just a 1 finerger gap ride is just as good if not better than s line.

Nice vant, the lowering (b5 perches) caps will level things out and you should be fine over speed hump's . I thought i would have the same problem as there are some massive speed humps in my work place and i was bricking it when i first reversed up my drive thinking i was going to damage my bumper so I had the welder in work make me some ramps just in case.

This Pic shows before the B5 perch mod, to be fare i still have the same clearance now and have no need for the helper ramps.

Eibach Springs and B5 perches
IMG_0386.jpg

I hear what your saying guys but I realy dont want to go any lower at all been there done that before!

Last edited:
Looks lovely Marrow, have given me some ideas, espescially with the titanium finish DTM's you've got on, look yum!

Pics of my avant for those that havent seen pics posted in another thread.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/gphilla/2011-03-28103451.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/gphilla/2011-03-28103435.jpg

2.0 t Fsi Remap and BSR in take
H&R sport springs
DTM alloys refinished in audi matt titanium
10mm front 12mm rear eibach spacers
Wrapped chrome trim and grill
Just had tints redone 35% not shown in picture
Some other little bits here and there

Parking sensors getting fitted this weekend

Thanks to memeber gphilla for his help with the car if it wasnt for his hard work car would be std

Enjoy

Looks awesome mate, iv'e wrapped my interior, grille & boot trim, how hard to do the window trims and what did you use

Thanks

Mac

Am I the only person on this earth that dislikes the dtm alloys?
In my opinion audi's look best with a five spoke or bbs rims, sorry!

Looks good. My DTMs are in need of a refurb on a couple. Wonder what the grey wheels would look like on a blue car .... hmmmmm

Audi America did them on what they called the titanium edition B7 as standard :)

Am I the only person on this earth that dislikes the dtm alloys?
In my opinion audi's look best with a five spoke or bbs rims, sorry!

no mate i dont like them either they look a bit halfrauds imho.... but thats just my 2p

Maybe we should start a DTM Wheel fan club :lmfao:

VMR make a replica in 19" :ninja:

Last edited:
Cars looking sweet. Clear front indicators to finish??

Cars looking sweet. Clear front indicators to finish??

Ye and RS4 black optics grill going in at the same time I think rude not too if bumpers coming off to do lights!!

Have to say I love the look of you car, its the first B7 that I have seen with a cupra splitter that I like! I assume the spacers you have fitted are hub centric? I was looking to fit the same to mine to fill the arches abit more.

Thanks

Adam

Have to say I love the look of you car, its the first B7 that I have seen with a cupra splitter that I like! I assume the spacers you have fitted are hub centric? I was looking to fit the same to mine to fill the arches abit more.

Thanks

Adam

Ye eibach hubcentric tried a cheap ebay set of hubcentrics the were terrible quality they just fell to bits if you get some buy the best you can afford would be my advice and avoid unbranded ebay jobs !

Hi i have just bought avant same colour as yours,have you fitted b6 spring plates,i think my stock one definately need to be lowered a touch on the front,anyone else done this mod?Ordered rs4 arb,got 12mm spacers for the back to fit and will be ordering 10mm ones for the front.Loving the LM's on that colour car they look sweet with all the chrome trim,i would love a set but too much cash,i think i would go k04 for nearly the same money,lol.Mine has silver roof rails,are you going to audi international @combe?Will get some pics up before i start tweeking,lol,Cheers Andy

Last edited:
Looks very nice.

Just got the BSR on mine. Can you hear the a fluttery turbo blow off noise? Or is that the forge atmospheric bov spacer I have on? It's confusing me.

Ye mines fairly loud up to about 3-4 k then it recircs and you cant hear it just the louder than usual turbo whistle. I had the spacer on for a while with my BSR but it got too loud for me with both and I thought it sounded a little tacky so removed the spacer so that is def what you can hear dont panic. Will take about a month depending on your milage but it will get louder.