Opinions Needed, Wheel decision.....

DJM1982

Reaction score
I can't afford to replace my wheels on my A4 atm but they are in serious need of a refurb.
But i am undecided what colour to go for.

I see these wheels on a golf Gti and was thinking of doing something similar with the RS6 wheels on my car, painting the inside of the spokes a darker grey than the light silver of the face.
This design (golf gti wheel)
Wheel1.jpg

Wheel2.jpg

On these (RS6 wheel)
Wheel3.jpg

So my questions are:
What do you think of this idea?
Has anymore done it before and have pics of what they look like

Oh i have a black A4 Sline (incase that makes a difference with your decision)

Cheers, look forward to your responce's

Drive really quick then stamp on the brakes. They'll soon look like that once you've done it a few times

I do 700 miles a week in mine anyway so they always look dirty.
Just wanted opinions on what you guys thought of the way they would look (when clean on my car).

The RS6 style is one of my all-time favourite wheel designs. The great thing about it is its simplicity and unfussiness. Leave well alone; sometimes less is more.

If anything I would do the whole wheel Anthracite....... Looks stunning on a Black Car....specially when Clean and also
looks clean if they have some Brake Dust on them.... :yes:

Did mine a few months ago and had a lot of Positive comments

cheers for the comments, mostly negative. I think i'll leave well alone then, i'll get them refurbed as one colour, now need to decide what colour.
Silver or Anthracite??

How about doing the wheels on one side of the car anthracite and the other side silver? Then you get the best of both worlds.

You can never see both sides of the car at the same time, so you wouldn't be able to tell at first glance.

I thought about doing this, and when I suggested this to my mates they thought I was bonkers, but I thought it was a good idea...

I did my friends RS6's in the Titanium finish with matte clear cote and they looked great - i'll get him to put a photo on for you :)

The matte clear coat sounds interesting..... would be keen to see the effect.... Tx...
Would also alleviate minor chips.... Hmmmmm.