Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

2.0 TFSi. Which remap and where? Dump valve worth doing?

Hi all. Ive got an 05 plate 2.0 A4 Avant TFSi and want some more grunt. Ive seen that remaps seem to be the way forward as far as performance per pound goes. I have heard mixed reviews about pretty much all the main players but am tempted by AMD in Essex or Jabbasport in Peterborough. Anybody got any tips?
    Also looking at the new Forge atmospheric dump valve that has just been released for this car and i supposed to make the turbo run cleaner (less run on). They are just under £60. Im asuming these make the "PPPSSSSHHHTTT" sound but i dont want anything too chavvy. Anybody got one of these on?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    be interested to hear some sound clips of anyone that has got the proper dump valve kit. The £60 kit is just to make the sound of the bump valve, not perform the actual function...the real dump valve is about £190
    Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

3rd Gear

Status
    I ran the forge dv spacer for about 18 months makes the typical dump valve noise I enjoyed it but got bored and removed it. But it does work and causes no running issues but I wouldnt say it improved any aspect of the cars performance running wise just a noise !!

If your doing remapping you must up rate your dump valve to the OEM version D at least the rubber version fitted as std is to week and will blow very quickly trust me I know and you will loose all power and the car will run sh1t.
    My avant was remapped by Pendal Performance very happy with it pulls like a train and revs much keener than stock.

Do a search 100s of post about remaps on here all asking the same thing which is best.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    be interested to hear some sound clips of anyone that has got the proper dump valve kit. The £60 kit is just to make the sound of the bump valve, not perform the actual function...the real dump valve is about £190
    Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
    the 1 at £60 the spacer is where the noise comes from the DV at £190 wont make any noise unless the spacer is fitted

5th Gear

Status
    blimey, so £250, no thanks...for that price I'll make the sound myself lol...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you can use the spacer on your oem DV makes the same sound as it would with the forge

2nd Gear

Status
    if you want the noise of the valve remove airbox and fit cone filter or equivalent. steer clear of apr remap if you want strong midrange performance,its all at top end.

5th Gear

Status
    Doesn't feel top end to me, kicks in hard around 3-4k revs...

5th Gear

Status
    So what's the benefit of the forge dv then over the oem version d, and how would you be able to tell what dv is in there currently, I.e. where is it, and any different markings?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I started with Bluefin stage1 and now I´ve got stage2 with milltek cat/dp and are very satisfied. Stage1 have a lot of power in the midrange.