2.0T FSI Test Pipe

Marrow

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one to thiers wondering about performance gains, noise with std exhaust and cels ?

De cat pipe for first cat seems a popular mod on audizine seen some on ebay wondered if anyone had done it on here? Am I right in thinking there 2 cats so one can be removed without mot failure?

I have a test pipe fitted, it does increase the noise and rasp of the exhaust but not to a silly level. Performance wise you notice extra torque through the mids and better spool from the turbo especially If your car is mapped and you have a cat back exhaust. A4's only have one cat and by adding a test pipe you will get a cell error unless you buy a test pipe with a spacer or you get a custom map.
NB Your car will fail MOT emissions test with a test pipe.

I have a test pipe fitted, it does increase the noise and rasp of the exhaust but not to a silly level. Performance wise you notice extra torque through the mids and better spool from the turbo especially If your car is mapped and you have a cat back exhaust. A4's only have one cat and by adding a test pipe you will get a cell error unless you buy a test pipe with a spacer or you get a custom map.
NB Your car will fail MOT emissions test with a test pipe.

Ah I see so unless you have a friendly MOT centre or swap it out every year not worth while. To be honest I struggle to get the power down with just my remap because mine is a FWD so any more would probably only get wasted and cost me more in tyres !

Out of intrest how do you get round the MOT issue ?

I had a full decat on the supra and had no issues, didn't need to swap it, but it may have been a friendly MOT centre, not sure...

The other way, although more restrictive than the test pipe, is having a sports hi-flow cat, which is what I have on the miltek system. With it already being oin the car, I couldn't tell you the difference it makes though.

With FWD I wouldn't look for anymore power to be honest, even at std on my fwd spec edit (220BHP), I was spinning the wheels too easily, which is why I traded it for the quattro, a massive difference, and much more fun!! I wasn;t going to map the fwd as it'll eat tyres.