Turbo intermitently kicking in. 2.0tdi

Rheady

Reaction score
I recently washed my car to get all the crap off my car with a power washer and when I used my car today the turbo seems to only kick in intermitently. I did'nt jet wash the engine and the lower engine cover was on. Then the engine management light has also now come.
Any ideas...

Have now been told its the EGR valve. What is involved with changing this and will it need resetting after being refitted.

egr valve relitivly easy to fit, (had this go on mine where the exhaust part cracked causing turbo to stop functioning meaning very low power and loud blowing sound. i thought it was the ballance shaft problem at the time but actually replaced all that gubbins as well after finding out it was the egr!! much easier than doing that lot!) all accesable from lifting the bonnet. you will have to drain the coolant and remove air box etc for access. but not too bad as i seem to remember, (and you will need some torx bits sockets).

no re-setting required as i seem to remember, just replace the coolant and it should be ok. there was no damage to my turbo.