2.0T needs new brakes

mikeyw

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2.0T Quattro S-Line SE that needs new discs and pads. I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to find the right bit's I need.

Are the disc's 321mm front and 288mm rear?

Are pads the same on all 2.0T or are the special edition ones different?

I have a 2007 2.0T Quattro S-Line SE that needs new discs and pads. I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to find the right bit's I need.

Are the disc's 321mm front and 288mm rear?

Are pads the same on all 2.0T or are the special edition ones different?

Correct 321 Front 288 Rear
Front pads are all the same AFAIK (Part 8E0698151C)
What setup are you thinking of going for?

Correct 321 Front 288 Rear
Front pads are all the same AFAIK (Part 8E0698151C)
What setup are you thinking of going for?
I was maybe going to try the M-tech discs. I've had EBC stuff before and I didn't like it. I was also just going to contact Audi and see what they'd charge, because they supposedly have a fixed rate of £249 for front and back.

Another question....

Is there a brake pad/disc warning indicator? I guess there is, but is is audible or a dash light?

I had my front pads done on my 2.0T S-Line SE at Audi about two months ago. They do fall within the Fixed Rate, but they weren't too happy about it :laugh:.

I was told by a independent garage that I needed front discs as well but funny enough Audi said not.

I got a warning symbol come up on the DIS (with a boing), but apparently (according to Audi) only the front give a warning, I don't know if this is true but I'm sure someone else on here can confirm/deny.

I had my front pads done on my 2.0T S-Line SE at Audi about two months ago. They do fall within the Fixed Rate, but they weren't too happy about it :laugh:.

I was told by a independent garage that I needed front discs as well but funny enough Audi said not.

I got a warning symbol come up on the DIS (with a boing), but apparently (according to Audi) only the front give a warning, I don't know if this is true but I'm sure someone else on here can confirm/deny.

The discs can have 2mm of wear (something like 25mm max to 23mm min on front discs) before they should be replaced - you have to put new pads on at same time as new discs but not vice-versa.

The front pads have wear sensor in them - you have to disconnect it when swapping. The rear pads have no such trickery...probably because they dont get nearly as much wear as you dont rely on them to stop as much.

I was maybe going to try the M-tech discs. I've had EBC stuff before and I didn't like it. I was also just going to contact Audi and see what they'd charge, because they supposedly have a fixed rate of £249 for front and back.

This is exactly what I was going to do as it works out more expensive to buy the discs from Audi and fit your self. I too am not a fan of EBC let me know how you get on with M-tech.

I chose Hawk HPS pads along with ECS Tuning discs. I needed a better compound low dusting pad and the Hawks fit the bill.

Last edited:
So minimum disc thickness is 23mm? Hope so as mine are at 28mm and Audi advised I replace them.....lol

Depends on your car what thickness your discs should be..2mm wear (from new) is probably standard though.

It's a 2.0T SE matey, same as the original posters. Was considering going RS4 all round, but don't have the fundage to do so right now.

..then those are big, eff off 30mm discs...28mm minimum sounds right...must weigh a tonne.:weight_lift2:

looks like I might have to call in then under the fixed scheme lol, be ******** if I'm paying the prices they want over the stores counter!

Audi want nigh on £500 for a pair of discs, as they're drilled, but will give GSF a go, thanks :)

Don't mind installing them myself, it was just looking cheaper to go for the £249 fixed audi plan rather than buy the parts seperately and do the job myself lol.

£500 ouch! I have the same car, as you say there must be a better option.

Just ordered my full Mtec set up yest but gettin my summer wheels redone at the min so will prob be a few wks before I get them all fitted, went for the black editions.

Quote from audi for the lot on 2/10/2010 for 320x30mm front discs, 288x12mm rear discs and pads to suit all round came to 478.37 including VAT, that was over the parts counter.

Took it in for a service and got an advisory on the front discs and pads all round, because the pads are half worn lol....and they wanted £502.34 for the front discs, £227.21 for the front pads and £181.24 for the rear pads all fitted, comes to a staggering £910.74.

Not bad *cough* considering they will do front or rear discs and pads for a fixed price of £249 fitted. Doing so means I can get away with spending the £249 for the front discs and pads, then buy the rear pads over the parts counter for around £35 - £40 and fit them myself to spend a total of at most £289, plus any tool necessary to wind back the ABS.