(S-Line) H&R Springs - Height set up!

lionyo

Reaction score
Hi,

My 2007 57 Audi A4 2.0 TDI B7 S Line is currently sitting on standard s line springs and suspension along with 19" Vortex R alloy wheels and the ride height is too high from the front and wanted to upgrade to H&R Springs...

My question is I would like to go with the same ride height as the cars below and wanted to know where to buy the springs and how much mm should I lower it by?

Sportec1.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

I have h&r sport springs on my avant sits like pics but lower at the back being an avant.Dropped was about 25mm over std sline ride height. Best place to get them is german ebay I payed 110 inc del most uk suppliers are 200 ish.
Great springs ride comfort is better than std sline and much less body roll through corners.
Search my previous posts for pics

Last edited:
Could you be kind enough and link me the springs so I can purchase them?

Also what mm drop would you say the one in the pics are?

Last edited:
White one is same springs as mine h&r sport remember reading a post on audizine about the guys set up so drop will be about 25mm all round I think. Sorry cant send you a link the ones I bought were 2.0t petrol so no good for yours seller is autoteilemann just drop them a mail through ebay with what you want.

So would I need around a 40-45mm lowering spring?

For what mate? If you want the look in the pics you posted go with h&r sports thats what they are running any lower and you should be considering matching dampers or coils.

Hi,

My 2007 57 Audi A4 2.0 TDI B7 S Line is currently sitting on standard s line springs and suspension along with 19" Vortex R alloy wheels and the ride height is too high from the front and wanted to upgrade to H&R Springs...

My question is I would like to go with the same ride height as the cars below and wanted to know where to buy the springs and how much mm should I lower it by?

Sportec1.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

You could achieve the same look and ride comfort using Eibach spring's. Here is my 2004 s-line fitted with Eibach's with 19" wheels

IMG_0171.jpg

So would I need around a 40-45mm lowering spring?

Yes, as that drop is over SE ride height.

Incidentally has anyone changed their springs themselves? I've done it a few times in the past, not sure I fancied tackling the A4.

Chris

Rears are easy but the fronts on A4's is a different story 2+ hours per side. 4 wheel alignment is a must after lowering these car's

Thanks for the response.

I could expect a frustrating weekend if I attempted then!

Yes, as that drop is over SE ride height.

Incidentally has anyone changed their springs themselves? I've done it a few times in the past, not sure I fancied tackling the A4.

Chris

S line is 20mm lower than se if I remember right so h&r sport should in theory drop sline 15mm as they are a 35mm lowering spring but its more than that in reality. like I say 25 mm is about what my sline came down.